Video Files on Forum ×

How to make beats with a PX 780? (Recording with rhythm and keyboard at the same time) help

JAngel757

So I've recently purchased a PX 780 for the purpose of having a nice piano, and the fact it has a lot of features helpful with production. I'm no producer, but I'm trying to dabble in making some hip-hop beats for fun. Right now, I'm hitting the song record button twice and it blinks indicating that it will record when I start playing. However, after setting up the tone and rhythm I want, I press start/stop again to play the rhythm with audio recording still blinking so when I stroke a key it should start recording, for some reason I can't get it to playback both the rhythm and the input I played on the keys at the same time even though it was supposedly recorded that way. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or have experience making beats with this Piano? After I lay down some chords/bass line to a rhythm, I'd like to go back and add some melodys with different tones to what I've already recorded, however it just will not playback what I've already played to add to the beat. Please help me, Casio customer support told me this is where I'd find the best help. Thanks everyone, I truly do like this piano, even without the bells and whistles this is a great alternative to a piano and takes up less space than an upright or grand, and may even sound better than an upright. Thanks again. 

• 3 years later...

You would need to use the 17 track sequencer to do what you are asking for. The song recorder only records piano play but not accompaniment. There is a system track that will record the built in rhythms but you can't edit or make changes to this track. You have to be in sequencer mode to use this feature.