GM midi incorrect on PX-360

kullathit

• 6 months later...

Thanks Scott, but  does that same sysex code  apply to the  PX360?

I am worried that the  things alluded to in the  PX560 forum  may not  apply to the  360. Perhaps  when  people  post  to the  560  forums  there  should be a   note  of  whether  those solutions  are  true for the   entire  range or  just  specific  models?

How is someone who owns a PX-560, and is posting info to help others, supposed to know if what they post applies to other models in the line that they do not own and do not have access to ?  Not even the Admin folks on this forum have access to all models in a given line.  We are not Casio employess.  We are just a group of folks with a common interest who come together here to share our knowledge and experiences (and more often than not - our frustrations).  If your request is made a requirement, that would be a very big incentive for those folks to just stop posting all together.  If there is a sysex message you want to try, then try it.  If it does not apply to your board, it just won't work.  At very worst, you may have to power your board off and back on, but it certainly will not blow it up or fry its circuits.  Then, in order to help others, you can post that you tried it, and that it did not work on your model.

Tried it and it  works! Yay !

Interestingly,  once you run the  sysex,  it  sticks for  all  files for the  rest of the  session provided  you don't  reset  the  sysex or  reboot the   keyboard. So I created  a blank MIDI  file and play that  first  in the session and  all  other files   are  fine.  Saves me from  having to  editing every  MIDI  file I  have !

The other  quirk was  that on Anvil Studio it automatically drops the  start and  end Hex codes.