Video Files on Forum ×

Build quality of PX560

Odanster

I am interested in getting a PX560 and have read many reviews and watched lots of videos but would like to know from those who have this keyboard how has the build quality been over time. By this I mean, are there any creaks, buzzing from the joints and the plastic. How is the keybed, has it become noisy, loose or in any other way deteriorated? Has the touchpad menu system shown any signs of not responding? I know Casio offer up to 3 years warranty on the device. I have read in other places on this forum that the casing started buzzing at higher volumes. 

There are always questions about Casio build quality. How can something so "plasticky" and so light be sturdy, right? But Casio does have proven "skillz" designing and manufacturing sturdy products. And it all depends on the environment it is used in. Gigging with a keyboard is going to make more demands on it than when it sits in a studio.

Simone is right, the PX-560 as a specific model is too new to have any reliability history we can query. But the PX-5S has been around a lot longer, is a very similar piece of gear in terms of design and construction (other than having no touchscreen) and apparently sees a lot of use by professional, gigging musicians. You should ask them about its build quality and extrapolate to the 560. You'll find many of them hanging out in the Keyboard Corner forum, which is operated (AFAIK) by the publisher of Keyboard magazine. 

• Like 1

I have been Gigging a PX 330 since 2011 with no reliability problems of any kind & Have just purchased a PX 560 (also just sold a WK 3500 that I got in about 2004 & that also never failed!!) I also read that apparently Casio has the least number of 'send backs' of any manufacturer !!

• Like 2