Video Files on Forum ×

using xw p1 live

Darrell

Hi everyone, I would like to learn my synthetic as fast as possible. I have a limited amount of time.  I want to store some of the general  sounds like piano  harmonica strings brass ect on the user preset  in the order of my choosing. How do I learn this function. ? Do I need to have batteries install underneath  to maintain the sounds I store ? 

Yes you can order them in the order you want them, Its like a set list you make in user space.

It can be done for Performances as well individual instrument tones. 

I would advise to use the editor and do an all-file save first or save Performance or edited tones 

to SD-card or computer so you don't lose anything before starting making the preferred order you wish.

If using the editor you can make the order by copying the tones or performances to the first bank slot

0-0 through 0-9 in the order you prefer.

If using the keyboard make sure the slots 0-0 through 0-9 and all other banks if needed are clear.

then you can copy each instrument tones or Performance you want to user space or if it are edited

tones you can load them from SD-card to the preferred slot.

like 0-0 would be your Piano, 0-1 would be harmonica, 0-2 string etc. 

If you've done that you can access them quickly by pressing the numbers button.

When their are more banks simply press "User" button and the number buttons for

the bank you want like 0-0 is you're first bank 1-0 the next etc. 

Easy peachy. 

XW-Addict answered your first question pretty well. The answer to your second question is: No, you don't need batteries. The XW will remember all your settings with no power and no batteries because it stores them in Flash memory, the same kind of memory used in an SD card. The six D cells you can install in the bottom of the XW are only necessary if you want to play it without connecting external power. They are also handy as a backup on stage in case someone accidently pulls the power to the keyboard (trips over the cord or whatever).