How do I save a volume change in the mixer?

jodinep

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best options I get from integration of PX with Studio One. If you do not have one it is possible to get a Prime edition of it which is free.

I used Prime for a year and recently purchased an Artists version just to show my appreciation.

DAW allows to create an automation track for a MIDI instrument. Automation track opens access to all implemented (in Privia) MIDI codes.

You will see that PX360 is much more powerful when it is integrated with DAW.

4 hours ago, sslyutov said:

The best options I get from integration of PX with Studio One. If you do not have one it is possible to get a Prime edition of it which is free.

I used Prime for a year and recently purchased an Artists version just to show my appreciation.

DAW allows to create an automation track for a MIDI instrument. Automation track opens access to all implemented (in Privia) MIDI codes.

You will see that PX360 is much more powerful when it is integrated with DAW.

i'll check that - thx

• 2 weeks later...

There is an additional information on how to control automation parameters.

Parameters such as velocity, program, volume and other are adjustable through automation in DAW.

In DAW instrument track may have an automation. The automation can control different parameters during playback.

There is no need to override any header.

For instance automation parameter program controls a voice selected for the channel.

Same thing about volume - the volume can be changed though automation during playback.

For instance If you want to preserve you setting for volume for particular channel/port/track you can follow these steps:

1) (on PX) Record song as MIDI using PX recorder.

2) (in DAW) Port MIDI file to DAW.

3) (in DAW) Assign each track to output to particular MIDI port ( like PX-360 port 9 ). Let's assume you have only one track.

4) (in DAW) Open automation(volume parameter) for the track and remove all data from it .

Automation/volume will show no dots in the editor view. Do not confuse volume and velocity.

5) (on PX) Now you can go to mixer bank C port 9 and adjust volume parameter as you want.(if C is set as MIDI output - it is a default setting for PX) (port 9 just for this example)

6) (in DAW) Start playing you song the volume will stay the same as you set it on PX.

This is one short example. There are many variations how the automation can be used.