Video Files on Forum ×

Figuring Out Rainy Dayz Hexlayer By Deconstructing It To learn.

XW-Addict

To learn more about how an hexlayers is constructed I've chosen the preset "Rainy Dayz". 

Rainy Dayz is build around 1 hexlayer on zone 1 and a synth bass on zone 2. 

I've disabled zone 2 and dive in the hexlayers to examine it by turning all layers to off except

the first layer. 

Layer one is an ReedOrgan tone but in this hexlayer it sounds more like an swirly string so 

went and turn all attacks, decay , release down. Did it with Pitch , Filter and AMP.

Wanting to know what made ReedOrgan sound like a swirly string there was no change.

So I checked the DSP nothing different, Switched from ReedOrgan a tone back you'll get 

PipeOrgan2 it sounded like that not swirling string like and went back to ReedOrgan.

Now that was different the ReedOrgan tone didn't sound so stringy anymore. 

So I've reset the hexlayer to its origin and turned off everything except layer one I got the 

swirly string tone with ReedOrgan so I changed ReedOrgan to PipeOrgan2 and back. 

the swirly string tone was gone.

How and what parameter changed ReedOrgan so much that I can't reconstruct it back. 

What I want to know is how that was done in the hexlayer from Rainy Dayz cause I can't

figure it out.

Not sure if this is the answer to your problem, but-

when you first get into edit mode of a hex, there is the line that reads "Init By Wave" yes/no.

If this is set to "Yes" that means filter/amp/pitch/etc. settings will reset to the point of original programming, upon selection of a wave form. Basically, it will sound like its name implies. If that setting is put to "No", selecting a different wave form will just "adopt" your present settings in the filter/amp/envelopes.......

Dan

On 12-9-2016 at 10:18 PM, goergtn said:

Not sure if this is the answer to your problem, but-

when you first get into edit mode of a hex, there is the line that reads "Init By Wave" yes/no.

If this is set to "Yes" that means filter/amp/pitch/etc. settings will reset to the point of original programming, upon selection of a wave form. Basically, it will sound like its name implies. If that setting is put to "No", selecting a different wave form will just "adopt" your present settings in the filter/amp/envelopes.......

Dan

Nope that wasn't it thanks I've retraced it again and followed up suit with the PX5S clinic video's and 

Oh my gawd:banana:I finally found what it is giving it that swirly stringy sound.

Hexlayer lets you do an ALL edit and with all edit you can give all waves similar value's in this case that smooth

silky string effects was reach because for all layers key follow had a value of +64. but that long release was set 

each individual layer.

At the  Amp setting Release1 was given a longer release time which then also got modulated  by LFO layer depth

to give it a smooth panning modulation. Same thing can also be reached for all layers by doing an all edit within

the hexlayer.  

I've turned all value's to 00 and set Release1 for a longer release to all layers and there it was. From there I could sculpt

the sound further with attack and decay. To make it more responsive the layers are routed through HPF filter. 

It got a bit messy at first but once you delve into and play with value's it finally gets together.  

Actually it was easy peasy ^_^ from there on. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The tone was programmed before the final v1.00 release and the waveforms were in a different order at that time. Some of the original tones may not list the proper waveform - but you're obviously hearing the correct one.  You'll likely find the properly named waveform +/- 8 steps in either direction.