Video Files on Forum ×

portable power supply needs for a PX130

I have come into the possession of a PX130 and have some times where I won't have a reliable power supply nearby and will need to bring my own. I cannot find anywhere how many Watts the keyboard draws; does anyone one have that figure handy? I am looking at a possible solution: 

https://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-outlet/?matchtype=p&network=g&device=c&adposition=1t1&keyword=portable power outlet&gclid=Cj0KEQjwx96-BRDyzY3GqcqZgcgBEiQANHd-nph3h_Hp8VMf9MJGVVfjaHbbPj0v34xtV8hotUjE7t8aAoCp8P8HAQ

However, this only outputs a max of 90W. Can anyone comment if this would work or not?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Without downloading the PX130 manual-I can tell you my more recent PX350 only draws 18 watts which is pretty typical for Casio Privias and keyboards in general which tend to use very little power, are very efficient usually. 90 watts I'm sure will be way more than you need. .As long as you have the right "barrel" adapter and the tip/ring is the right design (some Casios are tip negative but not all are). I don't think you are worried about warranties (Casio doesn't guarantee anything but Casio adapters for use with Casio keyboards) but make sure you are not going to put more voltage in than is specified or you will end up with a very quiet piano-basically a dead one!

Jokeyman, Excellent! If you click on the link I provided, you will see that one of the outlets is for a standard 3 prong plug, so I wouldn't need to use anything but the factory AC adapter, only plugged into this device rather than the wall. This power supply wouldn't replace any of Casio's fittings (I know about the whole "barrel" adapter problem, I came to a gig missing the AC adapter, and all hell broke loose; I ended up at a Guitar Center begging to borrow a floor model's, as no "normal, standard" AC adapters fit or worked, probably that "tip-negative" thing...)

This particular power supply claims to power everything from laptops to...? So hearing that it will easily take care of the Casio makes me really pleased. Thanks.

You are welcome. I've been looking at these supplies for awhile myself. The advantage to these is that a battery pack will run "pure" DC-a clean signal without neding the filter circuits needed when using an inverter connected to an AC plug or even many of the wall warts, whcih often don't have adequate filtering anyway. And this is what can wreak havoc with computer circuits, I speak from experience!