Video Files on Forum ×

Few questions regarding MZ X500

jibin.jacob3

I have a few questions regarding some features that MZ X500 might be having. These are as follows :-

1. Can it play mp3 files (Other than wav files) from the Pen drive (USB memory)?

2. Can it change the Scale (Transpose) and tempo of the mp3 file played from Pen drive?

3. Can the sliders be used live, to reduce the volume of various parts of the Rythms(styles), like drums, bass etc?

4. Can it mute the vocals of the mp3 file played from the Pen drive for karaoke?

5. In the official website, it says that Rythms(styles) from other arrangers can be imported to the MZ X500. So which arranger keyboards are they taking about? Is it Casio WK/CTK keyboards or Keyboards from other brands like Yamaha, Korg etc?

6. Similarly, can tones also be imported from other keyboards (please mention which keyboard)?

7. Does it have a memory card slot also (other than USB Pen drive slot)?

8.Can it operate on batteries?

5 hours ago, jibin.jacob3 said:

I have a few questions regarding some features that MZ X500 might be having. These are as follows :-

1. Can it play mp3 files (Other than wav files) from the Pen drive (USB memory)?

NO

2. Can it change the Scale (Transpose) and tempo of the mp3 file played from Pen drive?

NO

3. Can the sliders be used live, to reduce the volume of various parts of the Rythms(styles), like drums, bass etc?

YES

4. Can it mute the vocals of the mp3 file played from the Pen drive for karaoke?

No

5. In the official website, it says that Rythms(styles) from other arrangers can be imported to the MZ X500. So which arranger keyboards are they taking about? Is it Casio WK/CTK keyboards or Keyboards from other brands like Yamaha, Korg etc?

Some Yamaha Styles can be directly imported to create MZ X500 styles. You can import MIDI phrases to create X500 styles elements

6. Similarly, can tones also be imported from other keyboards (please mention which keyboard)?

Not directly, You can create new Tones from samples

7. Does it have a memory card slot also (other than USB Pen drive slot)?

No

8.Can it operate on batteries?

NO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick Sterling said:

NO

YES

No

Some Yamaha Styles can be directly imported to create MZ X5 asked for00 styles. You can import MIDI phrases to create X500 styles elements

Not directly, You can create new Tones from samples

No

NO

Thank you so much!! Your answers were  really helpful! Most of these features that I asked for are found in the Roland E-A7 which costs around ₹20000 more than the MZ X500, but E-A7 oddly does not have a 16 track sequencer!!  Casio always sets new standards!! But it would have been great if it had mp3 play back from a pen drive . Might be...it can be made possible through a simple software update!

6 minutes ago, jibin.jacob3 said:

Thank you so much!! Your answers were  really helpful! Most of these features that I asked for are found in the Roland E-A7 which costs around ₹20000 more than the MZ X500, but E-A7 oddly does not have a 16 track sequencer!!  Casio always sets new standards!! But it would have been great if it had mp3 play back from a pen drive . Might be...it can be made possible through a simple software update!

You might want to read this ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3#Licensing.2C_ownership_and_legislation

Putting MP3 technology in a product is not straight-forward. ;-)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rick Sterling said:

Yo tot to read this ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3#Licensing.2C_ownership_and_legislation

Putting MP3 technology in a product is not straight-forward. ;-)

It's ok! I don't mind if it can't play the mp3. I love this keyboard and I Thank Casio for launching MZ X . Now Casio CTK/WK users can upgrade comfortably to a Casio flagship Arranger--- MZ X500!! 😊

Just now, jibin.jacob3 said:

It's ok! I don't mind if it can't play the mp3. I love this keyboard and I Thank Casio for launching MZ X . Now Casio CTK/WK users can upgrade comfortably to a Casio flagship Arranger--- MZ X500!! 😊

I can tell you that I'm enjoying my X500 VERY MUCH! ;-) Haven't hooked it up to my Korg Kronos 2 yet, but that will happen soon. ;-)

8. Can MZ X  synchronize or follow the backing part (auto- accompaaccompaniment as we play the keyboard normally (Like playing normally without worrying about the Auto -accompaniment)?

[Please check this link of Cesar Guzman of Roland Latinamerica Showing the  BK-5 Backing Keyboard at Roland Arena - Namm Show 2012.]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SYnEyCoSo

3 hours ago, jibin.jacob3 said:

8. Can MZ X  synchronize or follow the backing part (auto- accompaaccompaniment as we play the keyboard normally (Like playing normally without worrying about the Auto -accompaniment)?

[Please check this link of Cesar Guzman of Roland Latinamerica Showing the  BK-5 Backing Keyboard at Roland Arena - Namm Show 2012.]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SYnEyCoSo

Yes, just set CHORD INPUT TYPE on MAIN SCREEN to "Full Range" and the X500 will determine the correct chord from both hands over the entire key range.

There are 5 Chord Input types, FIngered 1, FIngered 2, FIngered 3, CASIO Chord & Full Range 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rick Sterling said:

es, just , wichset CHORD INPU TYPE on MAIN SCREEN to "Full Range" and the X500 will determine the correct chord from both hands over the entire key range.

There are 5 Chord Input types, FIngered 1, FIngered 2, FIngered 3, CASIO Chord & Full Range 

AWESOME!! & Thanks for the answer. Wonder why Casio never showed this as a feature like Roland did.

So even the BK-5 is out of competition! The BK-5 does not have a  sequencer but only an audio recorder. Might be these kind of features distinguished an arranger from a workstation, which Casio will eventually bring to an end (At least for lower & midrange keyboards!)