WK 3700 loading tone wav file

GBell

Could you be a little more specific about how you are stuck? I've done this process with a PX575 which is i think is identical in this respect (I will check the WK3700 manual to be sure).  I've created a drumkit, a full keyboard length multi-sample with 8 different vocal samples playable by the PX575 and stored all these as "tones" in Casiospeak.

i can help you do this but it is a bit tricky and you need to use the IDES computer editing program specific to the WK3700-I think it is  IDES 4.0 and is downloadable on the Casio Europe website.  Creating the sample with a wav or wav files from within IDES 4.0 and exporting it into the WK3700 is the basic process.  Have you worked with other sampling keyboards before, have you created sounds from samples with anything else? This will help me know where you are with this process. it won't be hard to understand if you have some experience crating samples with other keyboards or samplers. and if you are completely new to this, i can step you through. it was one of the big surprises to me how well this works with these older Casios-even with relatively little internal sample memory, I've managed to create and store quite alot of wav samples in the PX575.

OK, I just read the entire manual. No wonder you can't figure this out! There is absolutely nothing in the manual about it! Just like my PX575. here's what you can do to get started. Go to this link:

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/files/emi/cms/wk3-30.exe

This is the version of the software you need to create a sample to export to the WK3700. I also needed the specific tutorial to know how to use the data manager for creating samples. Despite having downloaded it (I have a copy on my computer, I can find no link to it now-I originally had to find it a t Casio Japan-Casio's support for older instruments is pretty spotty. This is the missing link to figuring all this out-without it i'd never have figured this all out-and i have created samples on at least 3 different sample instruments, including an old Korg DSS-1. I've attached it here.

ides40man-en.zip

even though this is the tutorial for IDES 4.0 not 3.0, I am hoping it is pretty much the same. if you have the original CD that came with the WK3700, all this may already be on that.

Johnathon; GBell

The User's Guide for the IDES-3 software can be downloaded from:

http://music.casio.com/e/data_ex3/before.html#software

You have to scroll down the page a bit.  It is under the heading "English Manual for Application"

All of these IDES related items: the IDES-2/3/4 software and User's Guides, and all the aftermarket tones, rhythms, samples, songs, etc. can be accessed collectively through the old Casio Europe site at:

http://music.casio.com/e/

The menu selection breakdown on that page is as follows:

for WK-3300/WK-3800/WK-8000/PX-410R/PX-575R:     IDES-4 and related aftermarket items

for CTK-900/WK-3200/WK-3700:                                    IDES-3 and related aftermarket items

for CTK-691/WK-3000/WK-3500:                                    IDES-2 and related aftermarket items

for CTK-671:                                                                    IDES software specific to CTK-671 and related aftermarket items

If it had not been for the fine folks at Casio-Europe, the IDES system would never have been utilized to anywhere near the extent that it has been.  It is really too bad that Casio International has not seen fit to do the same for the newer models, or at least allow the new Casio-Europe group to follow suit for the newer gear.  When the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models first came on the scene, it looked like Casio Australia was headed in that direction, but it appears that that group is now defunct.  At least Jarred Beany and Paul Noble, who were really ramping up on real-time and video support, seemed to have disappeared from the scene.  It was apparent from the outset that the high end gear was going to be enough of a workload for Mike Martin and his folks, so I just thought that the guys from downunder would be a natural shoe-in for the CTK/WK support - and they seemed to have the personalities for it.  Well, at least I can keep hoping, anyway !  I keep dreading that, one of these days, Casio International will force Casio-Europe to pull the plug on the above site.  Once they do that, I have no idea where we will be able to refer "new" owners of the "older" boards.  I am not sure Casio International would understand that the purchaser of one of the older boards today is most likely the potential owner of one of the newer models tomorrow. 

Regards,

Ted

• 7 years later...

FYI:

For those with a CTK-900 or WK-3200 or WK-3700

to find this software to download, go to archive.org and in the wayback machine "enter URL or keywords" search box,

paste the full URL below into that search box (do nor click link below, just right-click and select highlight it and ctri-c (copy) it,

then paste into the wayback search box, then press [enter] to search

The wayback machine should return all the dates it archived that URL, and then click on an entry in the 2005/2006 timeframe and you should get the old download

page where wk3-30.exe and also the manual can be downloaded from.

Best,

Scott / taybrynn

Edited by taybrynn
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 11:12 PM, taybrynn said:

FYI:

For those with a CTK-900 or WK-3200 or WK-3700

to find this software to download, go to archive.org and in the wayback machine "enter URL or keywords" search box,

paste the full URL below into that search box (do nor click link below, just right-click and select highlight it and ctri-c (copy) it,

then paste into the wayback search box, then press [enter] to search

The wayback machine should return all the dates it archived that URL, and then click on an entry in the 2005/2006 timeframe and you should get the old download

page where wk3-30.exe and also the manual can be downloaded from.

Best,

Scott / taybrynn

Sweet was looking for this gave up a while ago, I'm like yesss!. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to help.

I also found that there is a version of this software for the ctk-691 and also the ctk-671 (which I got a few days back).

Ironically, the version for the 671 seems a bit nicer than the version for the ctk-900 ... but of course there is so little memory on the 671 that you can only add maybe 1 or sometimes 2 songs, or fill up the tone banks and rhythm banks (which are much smaller).

Long story short, once you find the homepage for the correct version, the wayback machine links all work for the corresponding data downloads.

I may make a youtube video on this, since there is a total lack of information on these right now.

• Like 1