mt68 turns off

Davis

I believe this is a common feature of many older Casios that run on batteries as well as with an AC adapter. If I recall correctly, it's called "APO" (Automatic Power Off), and if the keyboard is switched on and left idle (no keys or buttons pressed for more than a few minutes), it will automatically switch itself off. Even if it's powered by the adapter. Some battery and mains adapter powered Casios, such as the CZ101, have a switch that can turn off this feature, but the lesser model Casios don't.

The CT1000P is mains powered only, hence does not have the auto power off feature.

Love the MT68/ 65 models by the way! Great beats and rhythms on those :2thu:

• 2 months later...

On my WK1800 which I love because of its pattern sequencer the effect with switching off developed over some time. It turned off while playing. First it started after some minutes, became earlier than and in the end it was not possible to switch it on any more.

When I connect a power supply to the battery contacts it works with the normal APO behaviour. So it must be the power input.

I had a look at the power circuit board but did not see obvious things as run out capacitors.

Cyberyogi do you have an advice for this too?