Newbie-- obsessed with electric pianos and stuffs...

fogie

Hey gang, just picked up my PX-5s via Ebay. Had some stuck key/broken stuff... had to open her up, remove keybed, and click a couple "hammers" back into place. All good, now.

I'm obsessed with electric pianos. I own a Nord Electro 5HP, and man, the Rhodes are where it's AT, in my opinion... the pianos are also quite lovely. But I wanted to get the PX-5s for the variety... the synths, the arpeggiator, 88 keys, all the extra stuff....

So mainly, I'm looking for the absolute MOST REALISTIC Rhodes and Wurlys.... mainly because, in my indie-pop duo, I would like my singer to have access to either my Nord, or the PX-5s, for live... as I will be playing live keys and guitar (and harmony vocals), and she will be doing live keys and vocals. We just want a nice mix of Grand / Rhodes... or like Rhodes / Wurly... or.. Grand / Wurly... whatever is needed to fill out the sound, live (in addition to my laptop playing backing tracks... bass, drumbeats, etc).

I have downloaded a ton of patches made by Mike Martin and other members.. which I greatly appreciate. Look forward to adding these to my PX-5s. I also downloaded the "ALL" set, which organizes the stage settings more practically... bank0 - pianos, bank1 - electric pianos, bank2 - wurly... etc.

Speaking of Wurlys.... I have checked out all the Wurlys built-in and none of them have the bark I want... not even close. I am looking for the "You're My Best Friend" bark. I really want THAT sound... I got that sound in my Nord just with a little tweaking and amp sim (and a Rhodes, layered under it... not the main Rhodes from the Nord Piano Library, but one from the Sample Library since you can't layer two EPs in the Nords).... anyway, I would love to get this Wurly sound in the PX-5s.

Wondering if you guys could chime in and really help me find the BEST sounds.... also, if there's any way to get some nice Uprights added to the PX-5s... I'm not a grand piano fan, so much as an Upright fan. I just love that "fullness" and "room sound" that Uprights have.

Thank you for ANY help... great to be here!

-Chris