Video Files on Forum ×

Anything new coming soon to the Privia line?

EdwardG

• 3 months later...

Just bought a new CDP-130 for a friend who wants to learn to play, who is getting lessons from yours truly-I am impressed-it feels and sounds wonderful-same profile as my older PX350 without the bells and whistles-the keyboard action is fantastic, feels better than my PX but that may be because it's brand new, and the acoustic piano sound is every bit as good. Didn't get to play it much but what I did test out-it feels and sounds evenly balanced across all octaves-amazing an instrument this quality is now available at this price point. It has the usual PX lightweight plastic case, but it feels very solidly made, no weird clunks, squeaks or anything wrong with this one! The only thing it lacks (like so many others) is the MIDI DIN ports. But as a standalone no-frills digital piano, killer instrument. Happy holidays!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

CDP-130 to my ears has totally different sound than PX-x60 ( I expect PX-x50 has the same quality as PX-x60 series ).
CDP-130 also misses sustain (I mean it is < 6 seconds) and ability to connect a triple pedal extension.
I understand that the most of people never use sostenuto (and soft pedal in digital piano virtually has no meaning). Just to make it clear since many people expect that every DP supposes to provide a support of it.

Since your friend just started lessons he may find it interesting to take a look at pianomarvel.com. It is a great source for home practice. Actually you even can assign  a home work for him through it.