Video Files on Forum ×

Win10 USB-MIDI driver for CTK4200

Bryan Brandon

Hello

Does anyone know where I can get a USB-MIDI driver that works with CASIO CTK4200 alongside my Win10 64x bit laptop?

I have searched to no avail.

The manual says once the pc and Piano are connected for the first time, the right driver will be downloaded.

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me.

Thanks for helping me out! :) 

Hi Bryan and welcome to the forums. Like all modern Casios, the CTK-4200 is "class compliant" which means no drivers are downloaded, they are already part of the host's OS. You may want to try running Win10 in a compatibility mode and see if that helps -- that's about all I can suggest. Maybe others have different ideas, but that's all I got! 

Bryan

There have been several threads similar to this over on the Yamaha arranger forum in the past couple of years.  If your laptop has a mix of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports, use a USB 2.0 port.  Some keyboard models/brands do not work well (or at all) with USB 3.0 ports, even though they are supposed to be backward compatible.  The same applies to both Win-8 and Win-10 systems.  There does not appear to be anything "across the board" when it comes to USB-MIDI systems working with the newer hardware and operating systems.  Some models and brands have no problems working with them, while others have no end of problems.  That is to say, one model/brand of keyboard will work with one model/brand of Win-8/10 system and not with another, while a different model/brand of keyboard will be just the opposite.  If yours is not a USB 3.0/2.0 compatibility problem, you can try Compatibility Mode mentioned above by Scott, but I would not hold out much hope for that.  Microsoft covered that in a publication some years ago.  Compatibility Mode interfaces older "programs" to newer operating systems, but is ineffective at the "driver" or "hardware" compatibility level.  If the problem is an operating system compatibility issue, one suggestion has been to reinstall the operating system, but I can not recommend that, as it is only effective in a minority of cases, and usually only works on older Win-7 systems that have been user upgraded to the newer systems.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted