Video Files on Forum ×

CTK 2400 getting powered off within few seconds

Rishi

Dear members, can anybody please help. I have a performance in three days so it's difficult to go to service center right now. My keyboard is getting  switched off suddenly , within 4/5 seconds (making a mild spark sound). I was using the keyboard(through adapter) when suddenly power went off (the batteries were inside) and the keyboard switched off suddenly (with a mild/low spark sound). Now it's not turning on with the ac adapter and when I put in the batteries it's getting automatically switched off in 4/5 seconds. Please help. I'm in trouble, tensed. Thanks in advance.

Rishi

From what you describe, it appears that whatever caused the original loss of power (commercial power failure, adapter failure, etc) was accompanied by an initial surge that has damaged the circuitry inside your CTK-2400, that is going to require it to be repaired or replaced.  As for your performance in three days, I would say that your efforts would be best spent trying to come up with a temporary or permanent replacement (borrow / rent / purchase).

Regards,

Ted

• Like 1

Rishi

Very good !  Your situation is much better than it originally appeared.  If your unit works on batteries, but not on the adapter, then the adapter has become defective, but at this stage, I am not sure I would even want to try the adapter.  It might be better to order a new adapter and just get plenty of fresh batteries for your performance.

• Like 1