WK-7500 Always turns on 1 step high

Hi, I just got a WK-7500, I like it a lot, but I soon realized that when I power it up, it is a whole step high. The tuning indicates 440, and when I use the transpose to correct it, it shows "00", I use transpose to correct it, and change it to "-02", then everythign is fine, until I power down and power back up.

What is going on?

Thanks in advance, 

Steve

Steve

Out-of-tune problems with electronic keyboards with pitch-bend wheels usually turn out to be a pitch-bend wheel not returning to the "zero offset" (center) position when released.  Give the pitch-bend wheel on your WK-7500 some vigorous exercise, letting the return spring bring it back to its center position, then see if that corrects, or at least changes, your tuning.  Of course, the other question is, what are you comparing its tuning too ?  Is that a known-good tuning source ?  If you can not correct it physically, you can use the transpose to correct it, as you are doing now, and save that to a power-up Default as described in the left hand column on Page 134 of the manual.  At least that way you won't have to fiddle with it every time you power up.  See Column 3 in the table on Page 163 for all the items you can save as power-up defaults.  Any item with a circle in Column 3 can be saved as a power-up default.  Just set up the WK-7500 the way you want it to power-up and do the Default save.

Have fun !

Regards,

Ted