WK-7500 Equalization

My WK-7500 soudns great, but, much like my WK-3000, it is really biased towards high end from an equalization standpoint. I have to run it through a small mixer or eq to roll off the highs. I don;t use the 3 top drawbars because on stage or through the mix are just to sharp and edgy. I also have run it through a compressor, and an eq, both of which help, but being able to really balance teh eq of teh output would be most desireable.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance, 

Steve

Ahhh, Steve !  How well I understand your plight, as I have the same problem with my CTK-7000 and WK-7500, as well as my old WK-3800.  Those upper drawbars bring nothing but agony to my ears.  The WK-7500 has no internal EQ like the newer WK-7600, so external EQ, like you are already doing, is about your only solution.  If that is not doing a good enough job for you, about the only thing I can suggest is a more sophistcated (read that: more $$$, more bulk, more weight, ughh!) 10 or 12 band equalizer.  I use an old Realistic (Radio Shack) 10 band stereo (20 sliders) equalizer from, I think, about the mid-80's.  It still works great.  The WK-7500 does have a compressor in its DSP section, but I have a feeling the external one you are currectly using probably does a much better job.  The other advantage to the WK-7600, besides built-in EQ, are the 8 position drawbars (like "real" drawbars), instead of the four position (off, low, medium, high) of the WK-7500 drawbars.  That has to give much finer control.

Regards,

Ted