Privia "Song Memory" Won't Turn Off

Tom Surynt

I'm not sure what you are trying to do exactly but I'll try to help. . You know that by repeatedly pressing the "song record" button, it scrolls through song play, song record and back to whatever 'tone" was selected in whatever mode of operation you were in before?  What do you see on the screen when you repeatedly press the "song record" function? I regularly play the PX575 and it is not overly easy to work around it if you are doing more than just selecting tones to play one at a time. If the song memory button is lit, this means that you arre in multi-track record or song play mode, not tone or rhythm mode and many of those functions will not work since only specific buttons are used to record a multi-track or single track song. You cannot for instance use key split or layer while in song memory mode.

Thanks for your guidance on this... when I press "Song Memory" (I don't see a "Song Record" button), it registers the word "Bank" & as I repeatedly press it, it just goes thru "Tone", "Rhythm", "Function", "Synth" in different combinations.  All the while, the "Song Memory" remains displayed on the screen - I can't get out of it, not matter what I try. I would've thought the "Exit" button might help, but nothing helps.

"Song record" isn't a button, it is a menu display that should display on the LCD as you repeatedly push the song memory button.  You should see Sg play, Sg Record, Sg Step Rec and then back to the name of a "tone" ads you repeatedly press the song memory button. When you see the name of a tone in the LCD after hitting the song memory button, you should be out of the "song memory" mode (the little window saying song memory in the upper right should disappear). And you should in the upper left corner of the screen the word "tone". Or if you had pushed the "rhythm" button you should see the word "rhythm" in the upper left corner of the screen and the name of whatever rhythm you select for accompaniment. There is a possibility that the song memory button is stuck otr dirty inside-does it feel the same as the other buttons? same pressure and response? The only other thing i can suggest is to reset the keyboard completely.which is described in the manual on page e-71 if you it. It can be downloaded at Casio's website.

1) Push transpose/function button (you should see  00 Ttrans)

2) Push the cursor down button 3X ( you should see InitMix)

3) Push the right cursor button 2X (you should see InitSys)

4) Push + button and it will ask "are you sure?" Push + again and entire keyboard is supposed to return to factory settings but will erase whatever user items (tones, thythms etc.) you have stored in the PX575. But it also will erase any software malfunction that might be causing your problem.

If you are not familiar with all the PX575 functions (some are very tricky) look at my posts here about it. i spent many hours trying to figure out settings for recording in particular which becomes pretty complicated past one or 2 tracks. and if install and connect the IDES 4.0 Casio software, you can create samples in your computer using .wav files and send to the PX575.

I would try this tonite, except that I already made arrangements to bring it to a local authorized service guy that has helped me with some electronic problems I've had with this PX-575 before (& he's very reasonable).  If he tells me he can't have it back to me by Thursday, I'll try what you're recommending, & I really appreciate your taking the time to give me the thorough details that you did.  If he does fix it before Thursday, then if you're curious as to what he did, I'll certainly let you know.

I have to tell you, Jokeyman, that you were right (not that you need my affirmation)... the service guy I dropped my Privia off to called me about 90 minutes later, saying he did what you prescribed (I left him the printout of your troubleshooting message to me), & I'm back in business.  I had confidence in him, but perhaps without your guidance, I wouldn't have gotten it back so quickly (which I needed)... & he didn't charge me anything, so I gave him $20.  I really appreciate your help!

• 3 weeks later...