Video Files on Forum ×

Some questions related to CTK 7300in

sjrocks

First you'll need to install  Data manager software  6.1 on your PC or laptop. Here's the link to download:

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=67

1. Save your inbuilt Tones  to "User Tones", in your CTK7300IN.

2. Now open Data Manager software on PC or laptop.

3.  Connect your keyboard (CTK7300IN) to the PC or laptop (only after opening the data manager software on PC or laptop)

4. Now the Data Manager software will show a list of tones on the right side. These Tones are the Tones that are there in your keyboard's User Tone .

5. Now drag these Tones from the right side  and put them on the left side of the screen (which will probably be empty)

5. Now you will find these Tones saved in your PC or laptop. To check the location (where the Tones are saved), go to "Preference" (just below the title bar in the Data manager software).

Here it will show the "User data file folder path". That's where you find the saved Tones from your CTK7300IN.

For further reference please refer to the Data Manager  6.1 User manual attached herewith.

DM61-E-1A.pdf

File compatibility would be no problem, as the CTK-7300IN uses the same file formats as all of the other CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models.  If there is a problem, it will be with the wave-samples in the Wave-ROM chips.  I do not believe that the Wave-ROM chips in the "other" models have the extra wave-samples required for the extra sounds in the CTK-7300IN.  This is the third or fourth post of this nature on this forum, as well as an equal number over on the "Keyboard Forums".  These requests usually also include the extra Rhythm files from the CTK-7300IN, most, or all, of which would require the extra tones which require the extra wave-samples.  BUT, if folks are trying this, and it is not working, no one is posting follow-up inquiries as to why it is not working.  So, maybe I am wrong and all of the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models have wave samples that we would only be aware of if we owned a CTK-7300IN.  That could certainly be the most cost effective way to go.  What is the cost of a few extra wave-samples that might go unused in some models, as opposed to designing, manufacturing, and maintaining two slightly different chip set inventories ?  It all depends upon the current "per byte" cost of wave-ROM.  I keep waiting for the "Why not ?" post to pop up and tell me, for sure, one way or the other, but nothing so far.  Coming up with a CTK-7300IN for  US based musicians that have need for those tones/rhythm sets is next to impossible unless you have one personally imported, or you go abroad and bring one back yourself.  I'm not sure about Canada, Mexico, or Central and South America, but it sounds like it could get pretty expensive.  So, for those folks, this gets to be a rather important question.  This is not a simple matter of "If you wanted/needed those tones/rhythms, you should have bought a CTK-7300IN in the first place".  You certainly won't get one from Sweetwater Sound, or Guitar Center, or Musicians' Friend, or American Musical Supply, or I dare say, a local "Mom and Pop" music store.  Now, the other side of the coin is - if sharing is possible, is it legal ?  For this specific reason, I have, until now, steered far afield of these posts/requests, as the legality issue is another whole story, in itself !  To be continued ? ? ?

The model generalities are as follows:

CTK models have 61 keys and are considered by Casio to be "portable" keyboards.

WK models have 76 keys and are considered by Casio to be "workstations". (I guess that means WK models are not portable.  HA! Tell that to my WK-7500)

7XXX models have additional Preset and User Tones and Rhythms and additional registration memory, plus the sliders, over and above those of the 6XXX models and are capable of recording/playing audio files, which the 6XXX models can not do, but just because the various models look similar on the outside and have similar specs, that does not tell you what wave samples might or might not be lurking in the bowels of their respective wave-ROM chips, to say nothing of differences in the basic voice (tone) maps (numbering).

36 minutes ago, tnicoson said:

File coibility would be no problem, as the CTK-7300IN uses the same file formats as all of the other CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models.  If there is a problem, it will be with the wave-samples in the Wave-ROM chips.  I do not believe that the Wave-ROM chips in the "other" models have the extra wave-samples required for the extra sounds in the CTK-7300IN.  This is the third or fourth post of this nature on this forum, as well as an equal number over on the "Keyboard Forums".  These requests usually also include the extra Rhythm files from the CTK-7300IN, most, or all, of which would require the extra tones which require the extra wave-samples.  BUT, if folks are trying this, and it is not working, no one is posting follow-up inquiries as to why it is not working.  So, maybe I am wrong and all of the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models have wave samples that we would only be aware of if we owned a CTK-7300IN.  That could certainly be the most cost effective way to go.  What is the cost of a few extra wave-samples that might go unused in some models, as opposed to designing, manufacturing, and maintaining two slightly different chip set inventories ?  It all depends upon the current "per byte" cost of wave-ROM.  I keep waiting for the "Why not ?" post to pop up and tell me, for sure, one way or the other, but nothing so far.  Coming up with a CTK-7300IN for  US based musicians that have need for those tones/rhythm sets is next to impossible unless you have one personally imported, or you go abroad and bring one back yourself.  I'm not sure about Canada, Mexico, or Central and South America, but it sounds like it could get pretty expensive.  So, for those folks, this gets to be a rather important question.  This is not a simple matter of "If you wanted/needed those tones/rhythms, you should have bought a CTK-7300IN in the first place".  You certainly won't get one from Sweetwater Sound, or Guitar Center, or Musicians' Friend, or American Musical Supply, or I dare say, a local "Mom and Pop" music store.  Now, the other side of the coin is - if sharing is possible, is it legal ?  For this specific reason, I have, until now, steered far afield of these posts/requests, as the legality issue is another whole story, in itself !  To be continued ? ? ?

If you want to try the compatibility of a special feature of another Keyboard, then try this Dandiya rythm from this link-

on your keyboard.[should not be a CTK6300IN or CTK7300IN or CTK860IN]. And please let us know.

• Like 1

My CTK-7000 and WK-7500 each have their own Dandiya rhythm, and they both use the same tones as the Dandiya rhythm from the CTK-6300IN.  Oddly enough, none of them use any of the Ethnic drum or Tone sets, so this was not a good test.  We need something from one of the "IN" models that is not identical to what is already on the "non-IN models".  At some point, the "IN" models and "non-IN" models would become incompatible at the basic tone map level.  Keyboards find their tones by tone number, not by tone name.  Not all of the "IN" tones would use the same numbers as the "non-IN" models.  At that point, rhythms using those tones would not be able to find the correct tone on the model they were ported to.  They could be manually re-voiced to sound correct, but then you get into the question as to whether the tone with the correct wave-sample is on the model the rhythm was ported to.  If it is not, you would have to manually substitute a tone that sounds near to the correct tone.  Of course, this applies to the wave-samples, as well.  Tones find their wave-samples by sample number, not by sample name.  If the wave-ROMs in the "IN" models are not identical to the wave-ROMs in the "non-IN" models, at some point the sample numbers in the "IN" models would get out of step with sample numbers in the "non-IN' models.  From that point on in the sample number map, tones ported between the two model sets would not be able to find their correct samples and would therefore not sound correct.  When you "export" a "tone" from one of these keyboards, you are actually only exporting a set of wave shaping parameters that give the tone its overall finished or "polished" character, but you are not exporting, and can not export, the very basic raw recording (the sample) of the original sound.  So, if you are porting this set of parameters to a keyboard that does not have that same raw recording (the sample), then the finished tone on that keyboard is not going to sound correct, if at all.

On 9/27/2016 at 9:30 AM, jibin.jacob3 said:

First you'll need to install  Data manager software  6.1 on your PC or laptop. Here's the link to download:

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=67

1. Save your inbuilt Tones  to "User Tones", in your CTK7300IN.

2. Now open Data Manager software on PC or laptop.

3.  Connect your keyboard (CTK7300IN) to the PC or laptop (only after opening the data manager software on PC or laptop)

4. Now the Data Manager software will show a list of tones on the right side. These Tones are the Tones that are there in your keyboard's User Tone .

5. Now drag these Tones from the right side  and put them on the left side of the screen (which will probably be empty)

5. Now you will find these Tones saved in your PC or laptop. To check the location (where the Tones are saved), go to "Preference" (just below the title bar in the Data manager software).

Here it will show the "User data file folder path". That's where you find the saved Tones from your CTK7300IN.

For further reference please refer to the Data Manager  6.1 User manual attached herewith.

DM61-E-1A.pdf

i know that we can share the data through data manager but i don' know how to save inbuilt tones to user tones?????

Very nice SJ:)!!

You should upload these songs here:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/forum/24-share-your-music-here/

👆This is the place in Casio forum where you can share the music that you play or create from your Casio keyboard.

For uploading:

1.Click "Start new topic"

2. Give the description of the song

3. Attach the song

[And your CTK7300IN keyboard has a nice feature to record music in ".WAV " format. Record your music in WAV format which is of better quality, and later on your can even convert the WAV format to MP3 through some app (from Android, Apple or Widows store etc). You can even connect a mic to your keyboard and sing along, and record even your vocals into WAV format.]

2 hours ago, sjrocks said:

All the Rythms worked really well!!:banana: But Veena didn't work, as it sounded like Stereo Piano. 

Thanks a lot Sunny!! 😊

veena sounds like that only it sounds different at the end

but sorry i cannot send anything today as from today we start our puja vacation and i have got some homeworks and will complete it today so i can send rest tones tommorow and i am having some fever too

2 hours ago, sjrocks said:

veena sounds like that only it sounds different at the end

but sorry i cannot send anything today as from today we start our puja vacation and i have got some homeworks and will complete it today so i can send rest tones tommorow and i am having some fever too

Thanks a lot Sunny! 

God Bless!😊

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I bought CTK 7300IN few days back and learning its operation. As a learner, I am not getting two things clearly from the user's manual:

1. How to store desired 4 or 5 tones (mostly used) in Tone-Banks so that I can recall those quickly with one touch

2. How to create user defined rythms

Can anybody please share detailed steps? or refer a video link?

Thanks in advance

• 2 years later...
On 10/2/2016 at 1:54 PM, jibin.jacob3 said:

Very nice SJ:)!!

You should upload these songs here:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/forum/24-share-your-music-here/

👆This is the place in Casio forum where you can share the music that you play or create from your Casio keyboard.

For uploading:

1.Click "Start new topic"

2. Give the description of the song

3. Attach the song

[And your CTK7300IN keyboard has a nice feature to record music in ".WAV " format. Record your music in WAV format which is of better quality, and later on your can even convert the WAV format to MP3 through some app (from Android, Apple or Widows store etc). You can even connect a mic to your keyboard and sing along, and record even your vocals into WAV format.]

Bro , my keyboard not working properly in audio recording 

If i record something than it play perfect in keyboard but if i insert card in my android mobile there is nothing in card and if i insert back to keyboard it need to format

Is there any solution of this?