Pedal

Rocky777

Hi! I am newbie with digital piano and have 2 quesion.

First of all my old piano had sustain/assignable port and when i connected foot switch pedal there was "long" sound without any pressing.

But in the new px 560 when i connect pedal (included) i need to press it to get "long" sound. (connect to damper btw).

How to make it work like with my old casio?

And the second question. When i switch power off all settings return to default. Is it normal and how to save them?

PS sry my eng. Hope i explained understandably

The normal behaviour of the sustain pedal is to enable sustain only while pressing the pedal, just like in an acoustic piano. But you can go to the Controller settings on the main menu and reconfigure the behaviour of the pedal as you want (check pages EN-76 and EN-77 of the manual).

To keep the settings after switching off the power go to System settings and set Auto-Resume to On.

Ok. Well.  If you really really want to reverse it, press and hold the pedal down while the keyboard is powering on. Although, I advise against that since it's not the standard way a pedal works. The PX-560 auto detects pedal polairty during power up.  Your old Casio did not have that feature and as a result worked in reverse with that pedal. 

arcturus

BradMZ

Thx for your answers

I used to play with korg kross just a few days and the pedal worked fine (when pressed - short sound, when not pressed - long sound).There was damper port.

10 hours ago, arcturus said:

The normal behaviour of the sustain pedal is to enable sustain only while pressing the pedal, just like in an acoustic piano. But you can go to the Controller settings on the main menu and reconfigure the behaviour of the pedal as you want (check pages EN-76 and EN-77 of the manual).

I was trying to use different settings but nothing helped.

10 hours ago, BradMZ said:

Ok. Well.  If you really really want to reverse it, press and hold the pedal down while the keyboard is powering on. Although, I advise against that since it's not the standard way a pedal works. The PX-560 auto detects pedal polairty during power up.  Your old Casio did not have that feature and as a result worked in reverse with that pedal. 

Is there no possibility to change the pedal functions without unusual experiments?