Video Files on Forum ×

76 Key MZ X with added FEATURES!

jibin.jacob3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 8:26 PM, jibin.jacob3 said:

Few more suggestions:

Audio Recording Quality : 24bit 48khz 

USB 3.0 MIDI & Flash Drive (Might solve latency issues)

After Touch  (If possible ;)

We're working on most of the features you stated here.

MP3 playback along with Vocal Cancel is already here.

Besides there's a ton of feedback which keeps getting repeated again & again. Would like you to know that we're very much listening and trying to incorporate most (if not all) of what all you wish for in your keyboard to have. I'd also like you to know that we're working on a special Expansion Pack for Indian Tones..exciting times ahead!! ;)

• Like 1

On 10/2/2016 at 2:27 PM, jibin.jacob3 said:

Yes.. there should be some video tutorial. Luckily for CTK6300IN, there were video tutorials on YouTube by "Casio India" which really helped! 

Thanks "Casio India":applause:

I'd like you to know that the tutorial MZ-X is already under process. Will be upload on Casio India channel by next month.

• Like 1

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Abhishek Awasthi said:

We're working on most of the features you stated here.

MP3 playback along with Vocal Cancel is already here.

Besides there's a ton of feedback which keeps getting repeated again & again. Would like you to know that we're very much listening and trying to incorporate most (if not all) of what all you wish for in your keyboard to have. I'd also like you to know that we're working on a special Expansion Pack for Indian Tones..exciting times ahead!! ;)

WOW:banana: Thanks a lot!!

• 4 weeks later...

+1 on Ricks idea about being able to change the factory presets.  I've had keyboards with that feature and I liked it.  Being that the memory required for presets is relatively small, it'd be cool if the original preset was still available in memory and you could change/compare, on a patch by patch (tone?) basis if you wanted to once again use the original.

That does bring up the problem however of what the "multis" are accessing, being that all the Preset multis were based on the original factory presets.

Question (I don't own the MZ, follow this forum cause I'd like to one day): in the User bank for Tones, how many slots are there?  And do all the "Multis" that used User Tones change when you re-edit the User Tone?

I ask because I'm using a WK7600, and with a primary bank of 100 User Tones (there's also 50 Organ only User Tones), it's a clusterfunk, a situation that for me is totally hair pulling (might be why I'm bald)

Unles you've got the benefit of perfect foresight, the Multis you build off of this bank of User Tones will be messed up time and again.  Best case scenario you go thru ALL the Presets at one time, pull out your favorites, arrange them in a way that makes sense to you, and NEVER change their order.  That way you won't mess up the "multis" that these User Tones access.  I find this problem very very frustrating.  Listening to the available sounds I discover sounds that I hadn't noticed before as being special and worthy of editing and saving to the User Tone bank, so it'd be very hard to pick the best sounds and put them in their right order for once and forever.  Of course this would be less of a problem if there was more than 100 User slots.

I have another keyboard that accesses the User Tones, and once they're in a "Multi" it is unique to that Multi, and no longer refers to the User Tone slot that it originally came from.  Even better would be a system that allows you to de-couple a User Tone from it's original User slot, or not.

This is one of those things of user friendliness that doesn't necessarily have an easy answer for the engineers, but on the user side of things is a very big deal and would encourage folks to build up and work on their User Tones.  Really pisses me off every time I encounter this problem, which is often.

It's perhaps a bit early to be wishing for the next board, but Casio is probably already working on the next generation and is in the idea gathering phase now.  Here's to wonderfully powerful, great sounding, user friendly music gear!

The MZ-X500 has 1800 presets and 650 user tone slots arranged by category.  Each category contains presets followed by a certain number of user tones. 

By "multi", we are speaking of registrations for the MZX.  Any change to what is stored in a user tone slot will affect every registration, rhythm and midi sequence programmed to use that user tone number. 

Casio's PX-5S has "stage settings" instead of "registrations".  A stage setting stores everything inside of itself.  All tone edits and even custom arpeggio patterns live inside of a stage setting.  This model also has user tone slots but this is a stage piano, not an arranger or workstation. It is always in stage setting mode and is always pulling it's tones from stage setting memory.  The user tone bank in this case is more like a favorites bank for edited tones you might want to import to several stage settings.  

Thanks for the detailed reply Brad.

Yes, there are many ways of arranging and using User Tones.  While I'd prefer the way I described of being able to link or unlink a User Tone from a Registration, having the User Tones within their own category bank would be helpful, and with the touchscreen enabling you to see all 4 Tones at once is of course very helpful, as well as better text input for easier naming of User Tones to signify anything unique to the edit of that Tone, and with what sounds like virtually unlimited saving of User Tones, it sounds like the MZ would be significantly more user friendly than the WK7600.

And I assume that when you edit and save a Tone you can both see the name of the freshly edited Tone AS WELL AS the name of the destination Tone that you'll be overwriting?  That's always a fun gotcha on the 7600, spending time editing a Tone and when it comes time to save realizing I don't know the destination number of the Tone slot I'm writing to.  I either forgot it or I didn't think to figure that out before hand, which means losing all my editing, going back and looking for the destination of my edited Tone, doing the editing again and then saving.  Never understood this one, a very simple to implement user friendliness feature, there's plenty of room on the 7600 display to show where you're trying to save it to.

Just watched a Maten video where he saved a Hex Tone and you could clearly see the destination, so I guess that answers the above paragraph.

22 hours ago, BradMZ said:

snip

Any change to what is stored in a user tone slot will affect every registration, rhythm and midi sequence programmed to use that user tone number. 

snip

EXACTLY!  

We're adults here. It might not make musical sense to most of us to swap in a Tin Whistle for the Stereo Grand in Slot 0001 - but it might be great to swap out the GM mono piano in slot 1563 for a copy of the stereo one from slot 0001. Or perhaps I'd like to make sonic changes to a copy the Stereo Grand from slot 0001 that WOULD then be used by "every registration, rhythm and midi sequence programmed to use that user tone number."  How glorious would that be? ;-)

From an engineering standpoint it should be trivial to provide a link parameter for every factory tone slot (a) that could point to a user slot (b) so that every call to (a) would be replaced with (b) - if you don't like it just remove the link, no harm no foul.

We could even have a system parameter added, "Links ON/OFF" to turn all links on or off. ;-)