76 Key MZ X with added FEATURES!

jibin.jacob3

Will Casio launch a  Higher version of the MZ-X with 76 Keys?

Then it should come with some added features like:

1. BLUETOOTH:-

- For internal file sharing.

-For Wireless Headphones, pedals and other Wireless controls.

- Might be even connect with other Bluetooth enabled keyboard for Wireless MIDI.

2. WIFI:-

-For doing the above mentioned tasks with greater speed and with an advantage of long distance connectivity. (If no Bluetooth)

-Internet connectivity for direct updates, file downloads etc.

-Wireless Tablet, PC, Mobile Connectivity

3. MP3 PLAYBACK 

4. GREATER EXPANSION MEMORY.

5. MORE TONES & RYTHMS. 

6. VIDEO OUT

7. MORE ASSIGNABLE KNOBS

8. BIGGER SCREEN

Not all the features mentioned above are necessary but a few features should be added and the price difference should be like it is between MZ-X300 & MZ-X500 and it might set the market on fire!

!MZ-X700!

THE MIGHTY ARRANGER WORKSTATION KEYBOARD!! 

Casio have to refine the system.
Putting buttons real-time shortcuts for live use.
Volume sliders are well accepted.
Adding a DSP especially for the Rhythm.
Equalized 3 bands for each instrument rhythm.
500mb manager sampler.
4 Intros 4 Ending.
Vocalist Harmonizer.
Break custom button to fill in too.
Drawbar could become an equalizer frequencies as function.

15 hours ago, Silvano Silva said:

Casio have to refine the system.
Putting buttons real-time shortcuts for live use.
Volume sliders are well accepted.
Adding a DSP especially for the Rhythm.
Equalized 3 bands for each instrument rhythm.
500mb manager sampler.
4 Intros 4 Ending.
Vocalist Harmonizer.
Break custom button to fill in too.
Drawbar could become an equalizer frequencies as function.

Hi, I'd like to add my ideas for future improvements:

(a)  Joystick instead of wheels. 

(b)  More editing options for Audio sample PADS, like chops, fades, reverse, etc

(c)  More space dedicated to the Quick Palette,  which I find too cramped to touch selections.

(d)  Comprehensive DVD tutorials of all aspects of MZ-X500 functions. Hence a reduced need to clog this  forum with my inane questions about basic functions. :banana:

PS:  " And how much are we willing to pay?"

Three pounds, five shillings and fourpence. 

Here's a BIG one for me. All factory tones, rhythms etc should be re-writable by the user. The Korg PAs (including the PA600) have this feature which permits customizing your keyboard to your tastes. Why should I give up over half of the space on the keyboard to those resources I'll never use. Let us recover that "wasted" space! 

3 hours ago, BradMZ said:

Casio provided user slots that uses all of the re-writable memory available.  The factory tones reside in read only memory.  Perhaps you are simply asking for more user tone memory?

There's the issue. The factory resources are in ROM so any unusable (for me) resources are "wasted space" if I can not redefine them with something I can use.  On my PA600 I can set a global write protect parameter to off that then allows me to write over factory Programs (tones) and/or Styles (rhythms).

Perhaps Korg has a patent on this radical idea. ;-)

1 hour ago, Rick Sterling said:

Question: Does Casio really use ROM for factory tone/rhythm resources? If so then updates to those resources are never possible?

Hey Rick. ROM isn't really ROM anymore. :)  Pretty much anything can be updated nowadays (not necessarily at the user level, but almost certainly via a firmware update). The main issue with doing this for tone/rhythm updates is backwards compatibility. So ADDING new sound and tone (if thee is available space) is easy and painless, updating existing stuff can cause issues with those who have built up registrations based on those sounds and beats. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scott Hamlin said:

Hey Rick. ROM isn't really ROM anymore. :)  Pretty much anything can be updated nowadays (not necessarily at the user level, but almost certainly via a firmware update). The main issue with doing this for tone/rhythm updates is backwards compatibility. So ADDING new sound and tone (if thee is available space) is easy and painless, updating existing stuff can cause issues with those who have built up registrations based on those sounds and beats. 

So to answer my question, Casio does not use ROM, but EPROM or NVRAM? If they do then there is no real reason why they couldn't offer user rewrite of factory tones/rhythms if they chose to do it.

Folks, this is nothing new in arrangers, KORG has been doing it for years and it is VERY useful. The argument that it will screw up someone else's  registration doesn't really apply unless you share your custom resources with someone else.  re: The argument that it is risky ... No more so than creating any other user tone/rhythm ... If you screw things up just do a factory restore. 

From a Korg manual ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Removing protection from Factory Keyboard Sets, Sounds,  Styles and Pads

Factory Keyboard Sets, Sounds, Styles and Pads are normally protected, to 
avoid overwriting the standard musical resources. You can, however, remove 
this protection and use any Factory location as if they were User locations.

1 Go to the Global > Mode Preferences > Media page.
As an alternative, keep the SHIFT button pressed and press the MEDIA but-
ton to open the Media page.

2 Deselect the Factory Protect checkbox to remove protection.
This protection will be automatically reset when turning the instrument off.
Hint: Should you accidentally delete, change or overwrite some Factory data, reload 
the Backup data or use the Factory Restore procedure (in the Media > Utility page).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line is ... Casio presently does not let the user over-write factory tones/rhythms (other arranger manufacturers do). Whether that is a hardware or software limitation remains to be seen.

I do like it that Casio has provided 620 user tones & 30 user drum kits, but the forced categorization is a little awkward ... that 11th user piano will have to go in another tone category as there are only 10 user "Piano" slots (but about 50 guitar slots) They could have just as easily provided dynamically assigned category space so if I want I could assign user slots as needed to any tone category until I run out of memory.  

1 hour ago, jibin.jacob3 said:

But there is always a risk involved in tinkering with the factory Tones and Rythms.. but it sounds good!

Increasing the User memory will most probably fix this problem.

I like Korg's new feature in the PA4X where you can have any number of DIRECT keyboard sets (registrations) read directly from USB memory/disk without needing to be loaded into keyboard memory first.

• Like 1

Sounds like fun if that's your thing, but I wonder how many users would really want to wipe the machine and load in all their own tones. I don't recall any Casio having "open architecture" for the presets and I really don't expect them to add it in. My stalwart advice for anyone looking at any keyboard (or any tech for that matter): Get it for what it can do today, not what it may be able to do in the future. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for a lot of frustration and disappointment.  :)

1 hour ago, Scott Hamlin said:

Sounds like fun if that's your thing, but I wonder how many users would really want to wipe the machine and load in all their own tones. I don't recall any Casio having "open architecture" for the presets and I really don't expect them to add it in. My stalwart advice for anyone looking at any keyboard (or any tech for that matter): Get it for what it can do today, not what it may be able to do in the future. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for a lot of frustration and disappointment.  :)

How many times have you wished that all registrations using 0001 GrPnoConcert in registrations directly played your custom piano du jour or you would like GM MIDI files to automatically use your custom tones instead of the factory GM tones (without having to edit every MIDI file!)  or you would like to replace many tones you will NEVER use with those you will or you basically like the factory tone but want some changes to the sonic parameters. That is my 'thing' ;-)

You don't "wipe the machine", you make piece-meal changes over time that define your customized version of the keyboard.  

The more customization a mfg provides the user the easier it is to sell a keyboard that is a different thing to different people. Also makes it a lot easier to sell to folks who have no opportunity to get a hands on experience before they buy if they know that the keyboard can be easily customized to their needs.

This is not rocket science, it's a proven approach to arrangers that has been in place for many years on other keyboards.

Lest anyone here thinks otherwise,  I really do love my MZ X500. I just see some s/w enhancements that would REALLY "float my boat". ;-)

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2016 at 2:17 PM, BradMZ said:

And how much are we willing to pay?  

Good point Brad and i think this is where people fall short. (I  Want it all for cheap, but i Don’t want a cheap Keyboard)

If you do your homework on price to play you will see the M-500 well above in terms of

all around keyboard, less an app for android like casio has for the apple (ios). 

Now doing the math, it's hard to get everything packed into a board for at $1,000 usd.

Is it the right board for you? only you know when,why,how and where you play.

[Side note]

I have had a fun time with my XG1 (was real fun 4th July when i made up a ramp-up/decaying police sound.)

"Hey,kids---some people have work the next day"  . :0