Video Files on Forum ×

Sample manager : How to import WAV files ??

handsonkeys

Hi,

I have download and installed the sample Mangaer for the MX-Z500 on my win PC.

As I have understooth , should the MZ-X500 be capable to load WAV files trough converting over the sample manager/

But : if I on my PC open the sample manager and drag/drop a wav file into the Key Velocity pallete as discribe in the manual ; nothing happends.

If I hit the button open ; a pop up screen opened and here it is only possible to load the .ztn file.

Can anyone be more specific how to get from a WAV file a MZ-X500 file ??

Thanks

Assuming, as Brad says, that you are trying to make a new user tone, dragging and dropping WAV files into the Key/Velocity palette works fine with my Sample Manager installation (on a cheap Acer laptop running Windows 8.1)...you need to be sure that the WAV files meet the specifications given for this version (v.1.0.0) of Sample Manager:

Data format: Linear PCM
Quantization bit rate: 16 bit
Sampling rate: 44.1 kHz
Channel: Monaural, stereo
Maximum file size: 768 KB (mono), 1536 KB )stereo
Maximum number of files: 128

The PDF manual included in the Sample Manager download has this kind of basic information...

df

Yep Thanks for the info ,

But my Laptop ( nearly new) runs under win 10-64bit. The specifications of the samples you discribe meets the specification I have. But if I drag and drop a .wav file into the area of the keybed from the software nothing happends. Sometimes I get a message if I use a very log WAV file like a song or so  'your file is to long" but that is the only thing the manager does..

If I take a short .WAV file nothing happens also not after reinstalling the sample manager again.

I know it is very stupid but i am looking as hell to find this trouble and can't find out why?

The only thing I do not understand is max nymber of files ; does they mean max 128 .WAV files converting in one time or 128 sectors or bits or whatever.?

(By the way I am try to convert only 1 sample at a time).

Can it be thet I have trouble with hardware recognition?? Can anyone please to try to convert a sample without connecting the MZ-X500 to the computer , would be interesting for me.

Thanks,

John

John, I am running the sample manager on Windows 10 64bit. Without the MZX500 connected, the app works fine when I drop my wav files into it.  

What they mean by maximum of 128?  That is the total number of wav files you can drop into the tone.  They must dropped one at a time.

Are you seeing a blue box appear when you drag and drop a file? Like this?

Screenshot (17).png