Controlling Individual Tracks on Rhythm created by Pattern Sequencer using Sliders

Ok so I'm finally starting to figure out how this pattern sequencer works on my CTK 7200. My question is how can I use the mixer and sliders to control individual  tracks while playing back my rhythm that I created. For example if I create a rhythm using 6 different tracks each with a different instrument. Drums, Bass, Keys, Synths, Guitar, Brass.

On playback how can I take out the drums and just leave the Synths and other instruments playing and vice versa to create dynamics within the song. I believe it's possible because I saw a guy on Youtube doing it on a CTK 7000. Not sure if this ability has changed with the 7200 model? 

When I attempted to do it my sliders kept changing my instruments and that's not what I wanted to happen. I just want to be able to take out the guitar and then add it back in or take out the drums and then add them back in on the fly. There are two reasons I want to do this. 

1) Creating a recording that already has those dynamics in it before transferring over to my DAW ( Because as far as I know I can't make these kinds of adjustments in my DAW because all of the tracks are sent over as just one track via Datamanager).

2) For creativity and  fun during live playback and performing 

Is there a way to do this during playback on the CTK 7200 for an original rhythm that was created with the Pattern Sequencer? Thanks for your help.     

Terence

Start with the 7200 powered OFF.  This ensures that we are both starting at the same place.

Power the 7200 ON.

Select your Rhythm

Press the MIXER button to bring up the MIXER panels.

The right panel (the Track Grid) should have a small up arrow under Track A-01, indicating that that is the currently selected track.

The top line of the left (Info) panel should say MIXER.

The second line should say <PART> : A01 (UP1) - indicating that the UPPER-1 voice is assigned to Track A-01.

The bottom line of the left panel should show the name and number of the instrument assigned to Track A-01

And now, the important part for what you are trying to do:

The next to bottom line shows heavy brackets around the word [[ TONE ]] followed by the number of the Tone currently assigned to Track A-01.

In this mode, the sliders are set up to change the instruments assigned to the various tracks.  This is what you have been running into.

Moving any slider will immediately select the corresponding track and apply the currently active function to that track.

Note the small down arrow to the right of the assigned Tone number, indicating that there are more menu choices below.

Press the DOWN ARROW ( V ) button once.

This brings up the menu panel for controlling Part ON/OFF and Volume.

Note the large blue dot to the left of the word  * Part and the heavy brackets around [[ ON ]], indicating that that is the currently selected function.

Moving any slider at this point will turn the instrument assigned to the corresponding track ON or OFF.

Press the DOWN ARROW ( V ) button once again to select * Volume [[ XXX  ]].

The sliders will now control the volumes of the various tracks with the grid showing the preset levels.  This is what you are looking for !

If you continue to press the DOWN ARROW button, there are four more menu pages for assigning such things as pan, course and fine tuning, reverb send,

DSP on/off, etc. to the sliders, but at this point, we are at where you want to be.

OK, but you can not start the accompaniment in MIXER mode (only the drum track will start), so press EXIT.

Don't worry, as long as you don't power the keyboard OFF, you will come back into the MIXER menu panel that you just exited from.

Start your Rhythm and immediately press the MIXER button.  It should still be in Volume control mode. ( "  * Volume    [[ XXX  ]]  " )

By default, the 8 sliders will be assigned to Tracks A-01 through A-08.  The accompaniment Tracks are A-09 through A-16.

So, press the 1-8 / 9-16 button immediately to the left of the sliders to turn on its blue light.

The sliders will now control the volume of accompaniment tracks A-09 through A-16.

The above procedure will only work as long as "  * Volume  [[ XXX ]]  " in the MIXER menus remains selected.  If, at any time, that is changed, the sliders  will begin to apply the newly selected action.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted