Video Files on Forum ×

Casio chords for Ct 636

Richard

This is an older board, so I can not locate a manual for it from a "safe" source.  You may have to experiment a bit, but it probably uses the same fingering patterns as the current models.  One finger will only get you major chords. Sevenths, minors, and minor sevenths require additional fingers. Two adjacent keys gets you a minor of the lower note.  Three adjacent keys gets you a 7th of the lowest note, and four adjacent keys gets you a minor 7th of the lowest note:

C = C major

C + D = C minor

C + D + E = C 7th

C + D + E + F = C minor 7th

That's all you get from the "Casio Chord" feature.  If you want Aug, Dim, Sus-2, Sus-4, 6th, 9th, 13th, etc you will have to start learning to make your own chords.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

Ted, first thank you for your quick response. I am assuming that the chord structure is the same for all chords.

That being the case if the root is C

minor = root + 2 half steps (d)

7th = root + 2 half steps (d) + 2 additional half steps (e)

minor 7th = root + 2 half steps (d) + 2 additional half steps (e) + 1 additional half step (f)

That being said if I want to play G chords I just change the root key and use the same "steps" to change to minor, 7th, etc.

I tried the fingering you outlined and it sure sounds a lot better.

Thanks again, I was trying various fingering combinations but you "showed me the light" (or should I say sound).

Rich