Video Files on Forum ×

XW-P1 to Control a Midi Synth via Din connector (Please ReadP

szetek

Szetek, 

Your phone call got your case elevated to me. I'm sorry I missed this thread.

If I'm understanding your question properly you want to use the XW as a controller and simply you don't want it to ever send program changes to other gear.

There are only two things you have to do to make this happen.

1.  Go to System Settings, choose MIDI set PerformanceNRPN to ON.  This will prevent a PERFORMANCE from sending Bank/Program changes via MIDI.

2.  Operate the XW-P1 from Performance Mode.  This means set up your zones for internal sounds and external devices as needed and stay in Performance mode. As long as you haven't put anything in for Bank/Program changes for each zone, the XW series won't send anything Program changes to your MIDI gear.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike Martin said:

Szetek, 

Your phone call got your case elevated to me. I'm sorry I missed this thread.

If I'm understanding your question properly you want to use the XW as a controller and simply you don't want it to ever send program changes to other gear.

There are only two things you have to do to make this happen.

1.  Go to System Settings, choose MIDI set PerformanceNRPN to ON.  This will prevent a PERFORMANCE from sending Bank/Program changes via MIDI.

2.  Operate the XW-P1 from Performance Mode.  This means set up your zones for internal sounds and external devices as needed and stay in Performance mode. As long as you haven't put anything in for Bank/Program changes for each zone, the XW series won't send anything Program changes to your MIDI gear.  

Hello Mr. Martin,

I appreciate your post.  Yes, I wish I could have asked you directly but I do not know how to reach you. On the one post back where I put this link > http://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/008/XWP1_midi_EN.pdf    < I had found this information out after sifting through that document. I thought I had also found a place where I was able to stop the XW from sending while in the "Tone" mode but maybe it was a fluke. Either way I do appreciate the help and will continue on learning more ways to use the XW for my setup. 

All the very best.

Szetek