CZ-3000 Turns off

Marco-z

The synth just turns off, i can't edit the parameters 

its a heavy sounding synthesizer that runs ok, everything works fine

it just that keeps on turning off and off ,bought it several 5 years ago

¡what do i do¡ need help , is there any technician out here, that knows about the problem?

51 minutes ago, Marco-z said:

¡what do i do¡ need help , is there any technician out here, that knows about the problem?

Hello welcome, Ah this is an classic Casio discussion you'll have more chances posting it in the right 

forum thread.  

You're in luck though there are indeed technicians but they are fellow keyboard enthusiast 

like you. Maybe some more info about that gem you have like the adapter or the state it is in that could help 

a lot.  

Hi and welcome to the forum. It could be a power supply issue, a bad board or something else. My advice is to bring it to a qualified electronics technician, although the cost of getting it fixed may be more than it's worth -- that's just the case with vintage digital gear.  Hopefully someone else here may have an easy fix...

6 hours ago, Marco-z said:

Hi Marco,

I have owned some pretty beat up old CZ's... This is what I would do first (you may have already but just in case) First go look up your power supply and make sure the specs are correct. I am not sure what country you are in but it might vary. Make sure you see it in writing..I can't remember if it says on the chassis or not.  Then after you know the spces I would test the Power supply with a multi meter. check that off. Now go get the correct batteries to replace for this old boy, I believe it is 3 AA Batteries. But I will leave that one to you. Now if those batteries were nasty then you need your baking soda and do a quick read on cleaning the acid from the contacts and removing all rust. Then make sure you spray some contact cleaner on after you have cleaned the oxidation if needed. once that is checked off the list you now have a solid, correct spec adapter and the batteries for your internal memory are solid and making good contact .  So now without putting the plug in the wall just check to see how your healthy adapter fits into the input on the chassis of the 3000.  If all this is 100 percent then be ready to reset the keyboard if you get a chance...know the steps. And plug it all in.

If you have already done "ALL" of this with no positive results then I suggest finding a young brilliant and hungry Keyboard tech. But personally I have cleaned up and sold about 3 of these and many people are not even aware they have AA Batteries ( double check the exact model) and I have cleaned up some pretty nasty messes and replaced a few keys. I have never had to take it to my Tech. I wish you well, Please let us know where you are in your project.

Szetek

16 hours ago, szetek said:

I believe it is 3 AA Batteries.

You are, indeed, correct. The CZ3000 (and 5000) use 3 x AA batteries to back up the internal memory. They are accessed underneath the CZ via a small plastic cover that if I recall correctly, slides off to reveal them.

The CZ101/ 1000 do not have changeable batteries to back up their memory, and the CZ-1 is different to the 3000/ 5000 as its memory back up battery is on the main board itself and only accessible if you take the CZ-1 apart.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chas said:

You are, indeed, correct. The CZ3000 (and 5000) use 3 x AA batteries to back up the internal memory. They are accessed underneath the CZ via a small plastic cover that if I recall correctly, slides off to reveal them.

The CZ101/ 1000 do not have changeable batteries to back up their memory, and the CZ-1 is different to the 3000/ 5000 as its memory back up battery is on the main board itself and only accessible if you take the CZ-1 apart.

yep, I had a 5000 that was actually really beat up.  I fixed it up and played it for awhile before I sold it.

I don't know if "Marco" has been back online or read these posts but I know that with low batteries or especially if they have a "short" from corrosion it can give you some issues like he described. Same with a power supply that is incorrect or not snug to the fit.

Ya, Im trying to use it it works fine everything is cool for now the first 5 minutes maybe is the AA BATT,

incredible that uses that size for the memory it doesn't have the back plate 

i opened it a year ago and missed 2 screws from the side..

On 10/8/2016 at 7:32 PM, Scott Hamlin said:

My advice is to bring it to a qualified electronics technician

I KNOW I THE THING THAT I DONT KNOW IS WHY IT MAYBE IS GONNA BE THE POWER CORD IF THE POWER CORD IS ONLY A CABLE NOT A INCLUDED POWER IRON IN IT,   OH IM TO LOUSY MAYBE I DINT BOUGHT IT 5 YEARS AGO , I GOT IT ON NOV 2013.