Video Files on Forum ×

Extension of accepted Rhythms

Silvano Silva

Silvano

While the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models require SD Cards that are 2Gb and LARGER, the CTK-4000/5000 models require SD Cards that are 2Gb and SMALLER, so if your friend is trying to format an SD Card that is larger than 2Gb in his CTK-5000, that will not work.

The CTK-4000/5000 models use the same AC7 Rhythm file format as the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models.  Rhythms from your WK-7600 should work on his CTK-5000, as long as you use a 2Gb SD Card (Your WK-7600 will not use smaller cards.), and put them in the MUSICDAT folder.  However, if you format the SD Card in your WK-7600, it will create a hidden partition for the storage of audio files, which the CTK-5000 can not use.  I do not know if that hidden partition will interfere with the SD Card's useability in the CTK-5000.  If your friend formats a 2Gb SD Card in his CTK-5000, it will not have the hidden "audio file" partition, and may not work in your WK-7600.  You may have to put the Rhythm files onto an SD Card and have your friend load them into his CTK-5000's User Memory from his computer with the Data Manager software, and then save them to his SD Card from there.  Keep in mind that any WK-7600 Rhythm that uses Tones that are not on the CTK-5000 will need to be edited to substitute similar tones in order to sound correctly on the CTK-5000.  Also, the WK-7600 reserves separate areas of User Memory for Rhythms, Tones, and Songs, but all of those go into a "common" memory area on the CTK-5000, so the number of storeable User Rhythms (max 10) may be limited on the CTK-5000, depending upon other items stored, and depending upon the average size of a WK-7600 Rhythm file compared to the average size of a CTK-5000 Rhythm file.

You did not ask about Tone or Song files, but while the CTK-5000 can store its own "sampled" tones, it can not import "standard" User Tones from other models.  Its "standard" Tones are limited to the factory presets, and it uses the older CM2 Song file format and can not directly import CMS Song files from the CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX models.  CMS Songs would need to be saved as SMF (.MID) files and ported to the CTK-5000 in that format, but here again, differences in tone banks may require editing.

OK Silvano !

Sounds like you have everything under control.  I think emailing him the rhythms is the best way to handle that part.  That way he can format and load his own card.  I think you could have a lot of problems doing it any other way.  I did not know about the CTK-5000 not using the large SD Cards either, until I started trying to figure out why he was having problems formatting it and saw it in the manual.  It really surprised me.  Let me know if you have any more problems with this.  I am sure your rhythms will work in the CTK-5000, I just don't know how good they will sound.  At least the CTK-5000 has a Rhythm Editor so he can substitute different tones if he needs to.

Best of luck !

Regards,

Ted

Ted!

Any new friend I tell you.
I editing rhythms for Casio and do internet sales.
For as many rhythms and sounds work well with small exceptions in user tones.
Casio hit to make the reading of global rhythms between models.
And just missed the bugs that managed to be the same in the various models.
Getting a little attention here in Brazil for the lack of developers for the brand and even making sales filled a gap and deficiency in regional rhythms and am now making deep conversion of some rhythms of yamaha via DAW using more complex techniques.
Thank you very much.

Ahhhh !  Silvano !

Now I understand.  Thank you for your explanation.  I had assumed that you were just exporting the factory preset rhythms from your Wk-7600 to your friends CTK-5000, and that led to my uncertainty about how they would sound.  Since you are a developer, I am certain that they will either sound very good, and if not, you will be able to make them sound very good.  You have my utmost respect for your efforts, as I know from my own experiences (mostly failed) that what you are doing is certainly not easy or trivial.  Best of luck with your endeavors ! ! !

Regards,

Ted

• Like 1

On 13/10/2016 at 8:48 PM, tnicoson said:

Ahhhh !  Silvano !

Now I understand.  Thank you for your explanation.  I had assumed that you were just exporting the factory preset rhythms from your Wk-7600 to your friends CTK-5000, and that led to my uncertainty about how they would sound.  Since you are a developer, I am certain that they will either sound very good, and if not, you will be able to make them sound very good.  You have my utmost respect for your efforts, as I know from my own experiences (mostly failed) that what you are doing is certainly not easy or trivial.  Best of luck with your endeavors ! ! !

Regards,

Ted

:cheers:  One day Casio Brazil calls me!

CASIO MONTAGE.jpg

Edition Style on SONAR.