will this work pan tones hard to feed in line FX

musicman100

I recently purchased a PX5S and am creating stage settings to duplicate gig instruments patches I use on other keyboards.

One of my staples in a split with a "B3" organ in the LH side and a Piano on the right.

The Rotary DSP leaves a lot to be desired so I have a Ventilator and was thinking of panning the organ tone hard right, the piano hard left and insert the Vent into the right side.

On other boards and perhaps this one(?) the reverb fx are global and in a stereo spread and it spills over into the other outputs , IOW the piano will output into the right output from the reverb,

I suppose i could disable reverb but its a shame to not have that FX.

I also suppose i could just try these settings first, but I wondered if any body had tried similar settings and what your results were ?

Thanks all

Hi and welcome to the Casio forums.   Good question and you seem to be well-versed on what's going on. So yes, you need to disable the reverb (actually I believe the master effects) in order to do this hard pan "trick". I suggest getting a reverb pedal or something if you want to have that effect post PX-5S output. 

One other option if you have an iPad is to use an app like Galileo and use that as a sound source for organ. You can split the keyboard the same way with the left split being an "external" zone only. 

Thank you for the reply, Scott.You have given me some options to consider.

I may live without the verbs on those stage sets. but I am wondering, the DSP rotary is stereo, I assume, so will the hard pan mix down the outputs of the DSP with phase issues or only hear the right side output of the dsp?