Video Files on Forum ×

XW-P1 MIDI Driver?

damientheroo

I am looking for an official Casio MIDI driver, preferably one specifically for the XW-P1. Under the "Devices and Printers" section of the Control Panel on my computer, the device comes up as "CASIO USB-MIDI" with a Microsoft generic driver, not an official Casio one. I have scoured the Casio support website for a long time now in search of an official driver and nothing has come up. No drivers for this synthesizer model. No generic MIDI drivers whatsoever. Just the 1.11 firmware update and the Data Editor. All I need is a link to the MIDI driver download. I run Windows 7.

Screenshot_Casio_info_1.png

Really? It seems odd since it isn't mapped properly in the DAWs I use. In Podium Free, for example, the keys do nothing and the pitch-bend wheel affects the track volume. I read that I needed a device definition file, but the .ins file I found didn't work, so I figured I'd try to find an official driver. Eh... stuck again. Do you have any leads as to what I can do now since it's not the driver I need?