CGP registration help

Bmg

I just bought the CGP 700 yesterday and am having trouble with registration. I am playing  keyboard 2 for "Footloose" in a few weeks and am trying to save a multitude of sounds to access quickly. I've read the manual and am able to store one sound and then when I try to save a second it overrides the first. I never seem to see bank1, bank2 etc.

Do I need to hold down store and just keep selecting sounds? I am a complete newbie when it comes to setting up these patches. I love the touch screen but have too many quick sound changes in the show. Thanks for any help!

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I own a PX-360 and i have a different question about saving setup registration data to an external device preferably a USB stick. The problem is I have thousands of musics and the internal keyboard memory allows to save only 96 different data sets.

Reffering to the user manual page EN-35 i can only find at the end the page a very brief explanation tha says "See Connecting to a Computer" (page EN-60)" which leads to no clue.

Also, what can i save in the registration memory? The user manual is not specific about that (it says just "tone, rhythm, etc."). Can i save everything for each music, for instance chord fingered positions (1, 2, 3...)  and what else data?

Another issue is that the px-360 doesn't show up in my windows 7 PC when connected.

Tks in advance!

• 1 year later...
On 10/30/2016 at 10:54 PM, Brad Saucier said:

Hold store and press a registration button.  Reconfigure your keyboard for the next setup and store the next registration.  Once all 4 are filled, move to the next bank.  Press the bank button. The bank icon should turn red on the screen.  Use the data wheel to advance to the next bank.  

Thank you -- am having a great deal of trouble zeroing in on specifics of tone setting and selection, including poring over manuals. Once you've set all your registrations on a 700 or PX360, can you jump from one of them to another using only the bank button and registration buttons 1 through 4, as on my PX310? Can the wheel be use for bank selection here too -- as simple as move wheel to bank, press a button within it and start playing?

I sure miss the 12 "touch tone phone" buttons -- those 3-digit codes got right to the point. 

3 hours ago, Priviamania said:

Once you've set all your registrations on a 700 or PX360, can you jump from one of them to another using only the bank button and registration buttons 1 through 4, as on my PX310?

You can move between each registration simply hitting one of the 4 buttons.  To change bank, I think it's necessary to use the wheel.  @Jokeyman123 can confirm this with his PX-560.

Will post back asap-have to have the PX560 in front of me to be sure. I do switch banks with the scroll wheel, very quickly. Remember that whatever 4 "tones" are showing in your main menu screen will be the ones saved in each registration, for both upper and lower sounds. A registration is among other things, a way to save whatever 4 tones you want to see on your main screen when you select a registration, and your auto-arranger rhythm will be there too.  You can still select individual tones for each of the 4 tones showing in the main screen, but that will not change the tones you've already saved in the registration if you switch to another registration.  Scroll through the factory registrations to see this. Switching registrations gives you access instantly to 4 new sounds in the main screen, depending upon how you want to set these up. 

For example-if I have grand piano, rhodes piano, strings and say a sax sound saved in a registration for the 2 upper and 2 lower tones now showing in my main screen, I can witch to any other tones in those screens, but this will not change the 4 sounds I stored in the registration, unless I store those in a new registration. don't mean to get to complicated, but you seem to be having trouble understanding how the tones are selected, either with or without a registration you can still select tones the same way with the screens, but not the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel is dedicated to changing registration banks and many other functions that you select from the screen. it's a fantastic system, IMO.