Bassline, Beat, Rhodes split?

fogie

Here's a good question that may or may not have been asked before---

How does one set up a split that say, has a bassline and chill beat in the bottom two octaves (the bassline changes root when playing a different key, but beat stays the same), and having like, a nice Rhodes or Wurly up top?

Mainly want this for R&B, chill, easy funk and soul jamming along... and being able to change key or whatever, would help for chord comping and such.

Another thing I was wondering about is--- can the PX-5s create the same thing, but possibly have different basslines for each key? Like maybe 8 different keys/8 different basslines (same beat, maybe a beat variation for the other 4 keys), in the same Stage Setting?

Thanks guys!

Check out factory stage settings that end in 9, which are already setup for something similar.  An example using three zones.....

Zone 1- drums, arpeggiator enabled, set to hold and playing a drum phrase set to note, fix. 

Zone 2 - bass, arpeggiator enabled, set to hold and playing a bass phrase set to note, key.  

Zone 3 - Rhodes

Edit zone key ranges to fit how you want.

Your last question....The answer is no. Each key cannot be a different bass line.  The midi phrase assigned to that zone determines the bass line.  

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Thanks for your help! It's a year later... had to sell my PX-5s due to bills, but picked it up again. Sad thing is... I thought for SURE that I backed up this Stage Setting that I made... but nope... no such luck.

Gotta redo it entirely. Ah well. :)