New Rhythms at Casio

Rick Stirling

• 1 year later...

Rick! My name is Rick, as well. I own a Korg Micro Arr and just recently a CT-X5000. I live in Magic Valley, ID (Jerome). I play at Sr Centers here and Shoshone. I would like to know...is it possible to installl they styles in my new CT-X5000? I play the same sort of music that the 72 yr old gentleman does....I'm 74 by the way. Appreciate any input.

Thanks, RickyLee from Jerome, ID

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have a few rhythms that fit the old music from the 50-60's era such as songs to fit Fats Domino, Ricky Nelson, and county style 4X4 or a good shuffle beat that will just a straight shuffle and not a walking bass type of rhythm...to fit songs like Send Me The Pillow You Dream On or George Strait's Does Ft Worth Ever Cross Your Mind?  I don't have the creative juices to  be able to make my own.  I definitely want to use my CT-X5000 more in my performances which are mostly from the era that I have mentioned. Sure would appreciate it!

On 11/10/2016 at 9:55 AM, Brad Saucier said:

Did someone mention Fats Domino?  (this features my own user rhythm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbJZdfrfHHc

Brad! That is an awesome rhythym you are using playing the Fat Man's style! :) What would be the possibility that you could share this rhythm as a download? I really could use it. I am not capable of making my own rhythms....to much of a struggle on this old brain of mine! I would really be grateful!

Thanks for your expertise and comments!

Ricky Lee

17 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

It's not really an auto accompaniment rhythm.  It is just a basic drum beat I'm playing along with.  It's only on 1 variation as well.  I could upload that, but I'm not sure it would be useful.

Brad!

I understand. It was worth a try. If you can do that....I'll see if it will work. If it doesn't, I tried. Even with one variation, I wouldn't complain. I am really  not what most would refer to as an accomplished pianist. I use the auto accomp...played with one finger and play the lead part with my right hand. As a seasoned lead guitar player, I can do pretty well. My selling item is my voice. I can't play effectively with both hands as you do. One time I took piano lessons in college but never thought to pursue it as guitar was my main focus. Now that my hands won't allow me to play guitar anymore, I had to find a way to continue. I used an arranger keyboard...played with a Roland PK-5 and played my guitar as the lead instrument....actually a sucessful one man band....but when my hands petered out, it was either quit altogether or find another resource. So I decided to make a stab at playing a keyboard arranger only with my hands which mean't a couple years of a lot of extensive practice..using a Korg PA-80 that I bought used and changed out all the rhythms with what I could find that fit my music style and taught myself to play the lead with whatever instrument I chose from the tone files. It worked. The Pa 80 was too heavy to pack around and was obsolete and was developing internal problems so I saved and bought a Korg Micro-arranger and later added the Casio CT-X5000 as a back-up unit. I, however, prefer the sounds of the Casio over the Korg but the rhythms are scarce that fit the music style that I play...mainly oldies. That is why I asked about the rhythm you used for the "Fat-Man" Antoine Fats Domino. Now you know my dilemma. Sorry to bend your ear with so much text here. I really appreciate your efforts and knowlege of these instruments.

Thanks much

RickyLee

Jerome, ID