Video Files on Forum ×

WK7500 Drawbar organ changes MIDI

Vorbis

I have been playing a few MIDI's and I notice when I switch to play along with the MIDI using the Drawbar organ with a rotary DSP,  the MIDI file stops playing some of the DSP effects.   Is this a limitation of the Casio not having enough processor power to play the rotary effect along with chorus and reverb from the MIDI file?   Or is this a DSP conflict?    I have not noticed this effect on the MIDI file using other selected instruments.

WK7500

CTK900

I dug into the specifications on the CTK -WK 7000 +  6000 series and believe I found the answer.

Under digital effects:

The 5 chorus effects will not work simultaneously with DSP or if using DSP, the chorus will not work.   When I was switching to the drawbar organ with rotary, it just makes this limitation show up in the sound mix with the MIDI.    This definitely is a limitation of the keyboard.   

You are correct about the reverb with the 10 types of reverb available without limitations.

WK7500

CTK900

Ted,

Looks like the primary mission of these keyboards is not to play MIDI's.    As you had pointed out, scrolling and loading MIDI's takes forever as it loads each one into memory before going to the next file.   I was curious if you could use the CTK's and WK's  keyboards as a backer board.   With some prep work, it looks like it can be done but akward.    

Josh

WK7500

CTK900

Ted,

I've got several utility programs that can turn MIDI's into WAV files.   There also are some website that will convert them on line to WAV files.     I might try and see how those sound when they convert.    I will let you know how that works out.  

I've looked at racking, with the WK7500 on the bottom.  The WK being all black, it's almost impossible to read anything on the WK's controls.  

Josh

WK 7500

CTK 900

Here is an easy way to convert MIDI's into MP3's  this website will let you do that and more.    When converting to MP3's, there are 19 sound fonts to choose from.   

http://solmire.com/

I've got to get some cords to patch my laptop into the WK's aux input to try out some of these MP3 conversions.    Should be able to record the song as a Casio WAVE file.

Update to this post.   I was able to play these converted MIDI to MP3's with the audio input.    The converted files are all off tone by a fraction of a step.    The results were not sounding good at all.

WK 7500

CTK 900