Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 Squencer, Midi Player and Distortion guitar Lead and riff Sounds

zackan3

Hi, I am new in the comunity, and i hope to stay for a while :) .... I really like the PX560, im looking for a good piano and for a one man solo band piano... i like the arrangers.... but there is not arangers with 88 keys (i mean in that price range... less than 1200)... anyway, is the internal sequencer of the px560 powerful enough?.... well i really like to play main instruments along with some acompaiment styles and have some control of changing the sounds while i play..

I am planning to use some midis (smf files) and create some arrangements.... the PX560 has a midi player?

Im wondering if some of the demos that Bradz made with the MZX500 and Px-5s are possible in the PX560M.... i love all that electro, orchestra and synth sounds.

Finally i wonder if there is a demo or maybe you can help me with a distorted guitar demo, with some leads and riffs... i just want to play some rocking leads!!

Sorry for having all those questions 

Thank You. :)

Ohh...That Works For me!!!,  Thank you!! :) ... BTW i have been thinking seriously in buy that keyboard... i could get it for 1000 USD... do you think that i sholud wait until black friday?...or maybe i can get a best price??.... i am crazy about that keyboard.... but i am looking a good price too... i was thinking if maybe is a better idea to have the cgp 700 (i am waiting if there is one used... maybe to get it around 600 to 650 USD) and add a xw-p1 to get all synth sounds (maybe for 350 or 400 USD)... but i dont know X( ... i dont really know which is better.... what do you think. Sorry if i am annoying :( 

I think the CGP-700 + XW-P1 would be a great combination. You get the solo synth (the PX-560 doesn't have a monophonic mode) and a drawbar organ, as well as the correct kind of keyboard to play them. You won't get the 560's more advanced Hex Layer synth sounds (the P1's Hex Layer mode is not as advanced). But, overall, having the two keyboards may be the better choice. It's certainly more versatile. 

Hi AlenK!!!, Thank you for your help....and this is my last question... just to make a choice....  do you think that i can create a distortion/overdrive guitar solo and rythm patch on the xwp1?, good enough as the px560?... i havent hear some of that stuff on the xwp1...

Thank you for helping me out! :) 

A correction to what I had written above (which I edited): You DO get the 17-track sequencer on the CGP-700 as well. So if you have both keyboards you'll get both types of sequencer, which is nice. 

Frankly, I don't think you'll be able to achieve as good an overdrive guitar on the XW-P1 as on the PX-560 or PX-5S. At least, I haven't yet heard one as good. Same goes for rhythm guitar. However, as long as the guitar sounds we're hearing in the video aren't custom made on the PX-5S using, for example, its Hex Layer mode you should be able to get them out of the CGP-700.

The big advantage of the XW-P1 is the monophonic synth sounds and secondarily the drawbar organ. If you don't need those then you may not need it at all. The PX-560 can give you very nice synth sounds, although always polyphonic and very smooth and civilized (can't quite get as extreme a sound due to the filters). 

• Like 1

One more really important thing. The CGP-700 doesn't allow you to edit its tones. So it really does matter whether those guitar sounds in the video of the PX-5S are there already as presets in the 700. If not, there's no way to get them. AFAIK there is no Appendix document for the CGP-700 (or for the PX-360, which probably has an almost identical sound set apart from the actual piano synthesis engine) that would list the tones (there is one for the PX-560). Without such a list there's no way to know exactly what tones are included without auditioning them on the instrument itself. As well, on the PX-560 all the tones are editable, so you can adjust the way they sound to your taste (within reason).

PS. I don't think there is an Appendix document for the PX-5S either. At least, I can't find one on any Casio web site. A strange omission, IMO. 

PPS. I also notice in the video the guy is flicking both the pitch bend wheel AND the modulation wheel as he plays the lead guitar tone (starting at about 2m32s). In fact, he spends more time riding the mod wheel. On the PX-5S and the PX-560 the mod wheel can be assigned to parameters (two at a time) other than just vibrato depth. That could be important to the sound he is getting. Note that the CGP-700 doesn't have a mod wheel, only a pitch bend wheel, so you won't be able to do exactly what he is doing on the 700, even if there is a preset that otherwise sounds the same. 

26 minutes ago, BradMZ said:

Which demo of mine are you looking at?  I can tell if you that will be possible or not.  Most of my stuff is completely custom.  

Hi BradzMZ thanks for your answer :), actually i like all the MZ-X500 Demos.. i wonder if i can do that on a px560 

Demos:
Solo Violin And Strings Casio MZ-X500
MZ-X500 Quartet Demo
MZ-X500 Experimental EDM track

And i love these patches, specially the Guitar one :)

Metal 
Room Grand Demo
Band Grand Demo
Muted Strum Guitar 
Sawyer Time 

Thank You

Solo violin is new samples only found on the MZ-X series.  Strings are new as well.  These sounds and some other new samples Casio added make up the quartet demo.  The EDM demo is also made of new sounds and a new rhythm only found on the MZ-X500.  No other Casio product can sound like those demos.

Metal, Band Grand and Sawyer Time are custom sounds I made on the PX-5S.  The files will not load in the PX-560 but that model does have the same samples and effects.  It would be possible to manually program those sounds.  

Muted strum guitar is another completely custom sound.  The muted strum cannot be precisely recreated on any other Casio. A version of muted guitar made it's way into the presets of the PX-560 and MZ-X series.  Casio uses a muted strum sample that is different than my synthesized version. Otherwise, the guitar sound itself is the same samples found on most Casio products. It is only a slight modification of the factory guitar.  

On 20/11/2016 at 9:42 AM, BradMZ said:

Solo violin is new samples only found on the MZ-X series.  Strings are new as well.  These sounds and some other new samples Casio added make up the quartet demo.  The EDM demo is also made of new sounds and a new rhythm only found on the MZ-X500.  No other Casio product can sound like those demos.

Metal, Band Grand and Sawyer Time are custom sounds I made on the PX-5S.  The files will not load in the PX-560 but that model does have the same samples and effects.  It would be possible to manually program those sounds.  

Muted strum guitar is another completely custom sound.  The muted strum cannot be precisely recreated on any other Casio. A version of muted guitar made it's way into the presets of the PX-560 and MZ-X series.  Casio uses a muted strum sample that is different than my synthesized version. Otherwise, the guitar sound itself is the same samples found on most Casio products. It is only a slight modification of the factory guitar.  

Thank you BradMZ... i guess that i will go for the PX-560.. i really like the idea of a MZ-X 588 (MZ-X500 with 88 keys... that will be awesome) :) ... that will be my choice no doubt.... but i think that the PX - 560 is a good choice. 

I got and excellent deal for the XW-P1......but im still of a need for a 88 piano weighted keys sequencer, midi player...

do you think that the PX560 plus Xw-P1 are good partners?... or should i go for another kind of keyboard..or maybe another brand?...

to be clear... i have two choices... PX560 or Korg Krome 88.... tell me what do you think.... thank you!.

I got the PX 560!!!!, now i have to wait.... for shipping... i bought it on musicians friend... have you ever buy there guys??..... i cant wait to play on those machines... i never had a casio before.. i usally play on yamaha, roland and korg... but i always wanted a Casio.... i guess now is a good time :) .. i am planning to make some video game music arrangements.... lets see... thank you guys for your help!!!.... i Will let you know when i receive those!! :) 

Never bought anything from Musician's Friend but plenty of people do so they are likely reliable. They are owned by Guitar Center.

Just in case you haven't seen this, here's a review of the 560 to whet your appetite (you'll have to put it through a translator if you don't speak German):

http://www.tastenwelt.de/lesen/news/casio-privia-px-560m-im-test-guenstiger-universalist/

Here's another: 

http://www.pianobuyer.com/PDFarchive/2016_Review-Casio.pdf

The Day Has Come... is Awesome!!!! i love it... i havent tried it for a long time, but is really good, i love the touch and the color!!! the sounds!!!! i really like it!.... now i'm going to figure out how to use them both... i also love the xw p1, i tried the distortion guitar that you made Alenk, is good!!, the monosynth is great and the drawbars are excellent... now i have a little problem, i want to use the xw with the px560 and my px560 has its stand..... so i was trying to figure out how to use the p1 on the top of the px560 but i can't touch the wall (i mean i can't do holes on the wall just to make a stand in the wall).. do you know what kind of stand could work for that... sorry if i am bothering!!... but is also a px560 question :) ... just to make things simple, this is the question: how to use a second keyboard on the top of the px560  using the cs67?....  Maybe i should start a new post with this question :huh:

I will be in touch... thanks for everything!

• Like 1

On 29/11/2016 at 5:58 PM, AlenK said:

Never bought anything from Musician's Friend but plenty of people do so they are likely reliable. They are owned by Guitar Center.

Just in case you haven't seen this, here's a review of the 560 to whet your appetite(you'll have to put it through a translator if you don't speak German):

http://www.tastenwelt.de/lesen/news/casio-privia-px-560m-im-test-guenstiger-universalist/

Here's another: 

http://www.pianobuyer.com/PDFarchive/2016_Review-Casio.pdf

yeah i was looking those sites Thank You Alenk!!!!, you really helped me out!!!, thank you for stay in touch!

Welcome Zackan3, the PX-560 is so powerful, I will tell you what so as to realize it

just try this simple Hex layer tone, that I created just adding 2 synth string sounds together

it's impressive how much it changes according to the different dynamic as you play it

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/file/997-px-560m-prophecy/

• Like 1