Video Files on Forum ×

Registration screen in system settings question

pcshme

I recently rec'd my new privia 560m and went to the Registration screen, (manual page EN-80)

you are allowed to change banks but it appears if you make a setting for bank 1 , the same settings are applied to the other banks,,

this doesnt seem correct,  i would have thought you would make a change for bank 1 like rhythm=On would allow all registrations in bank 1

use the same rhythm... for registration buttons 1-4 ... so i can have diff settings like tone, but use same rhythm in one song.

am i seeing this wrong,, should there be some ''save'' option for this screen?

thank you

just learning

mike

Each registration saves its own setup.  A bank is a set of registrations.  To save the state of the entire keyboard, hold the store button while pressing a registration button. Make changes and repeat for another registration. The registration filter screen is for disabling recall of various saved items in registrations. 

thanks brad,

i am getting a better understanding, that this keyboard is about quality sounds/feel and performance,, not a synth/workstation...

you said......  

The registration filter screen is for disabling recall of various saved items in registrations. 

could you elaborate on this a little with an example,, i just dont understand why the ''reg filter screen'' allows you to choose each bank....   are you saying that if i disable a function for say 3 banks in the filter screen and then "" store "" bank 2 button 2,,   then every time i press bank 2 button 2,, those disabled filter functions  for 3 banks will be recalled ?       

it sounds like each registration is a way of recalling a completely configured new privia 560m...

mike