PX-150 Pedal Problem

grrk

So I've just purchased a used PX-150 from someone and it works great, except for one thing. I have a Casio 3-pedal stand that I've hooked it up to. From left to right, the first two pedals work fine, but the far right sustain pedal work oppositely of the way it should. When I depress it the keys are not sustained, when I let it go all the keys sustain. I've tried everything I know to do, such as plugging it in before, or after its turned on with the pedal depressed, or not depressed. I don't know what else to do. The pedals don't have a polarity switch on them either. Whats the deal?

I believe the issue is the older SP-32 vs. the newer SP-33. The SP-33 reversed the way the sustain works vs. the SP-32. I'm guessing the PX-150 was designed for the SP-32 and you have the SP-33, but it may be the opposite.

It may be possible that the pedal unit can be rewired to make it work with your PX-150, though I cannot guarantee it.

• 3 years later...
On 11/27/2016 at 12:21 PM, grrk said:

Thanks, Joe. That seems like that would be the problem. I might try to rewire it if I can. 

PX-330 + SP-33 owner here. I got bad info online where some people said the SP-33 does work with the 330. That the 33 was just the newer/updated model... 🤦‍♂️

Did you ever figure out anything? I am open to changing the wiring. I got the pedals with the stand and I really don't want to disassemble and repackage the entire thing to return it.

I couldn't find any pinout information for the SP-32 or SP-33 online. Does anyone know where I can get the service manuals that might say? Either for the SP-32/33 plugs or for the PX-330/350 jacks.