Video Files on Forum ×

3 questions about XW-PD1 operation

MoeShinola1

It there a simple way to octave-shift the sounds on the pads? It seems like there should be. Also, I made a beat, now I want to erase it, but Function + Clear dosen't seem to be doing the job. The manual is a little confusing. I want to erase the whole beat across all four banks at once, or one bank at a time.

While I'm at it, please clear this up for me: I thought that I could layer a beat, a sample, a synth, and a PCM sound all on one bank, have 8 different patterns on that bank, then go to the next bank and do the same all the way to bank 4, and have a 32 pattern song. It looks now like I get only one sound per bank and have to make do with only eight patterns, and just toggle between those. Is that right?

Looked again at the User's Tutorial Guide, the instructions on EN-10 do not delete anything. I follow the instructions, go forward one sequence, go back and there's my pattern again, totally not deleted. On EN-4 are more instructions for deleting data, which also don't work. Maybe I got a bad unit, who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, found the answer to the pattern delete question: The procedure in the manual does work, XW-PD1 just assumes you won't do that unless you're recording something new over it, as per the basic manual, it defaults to the last saved state. So you can delete a sequence as many times as you want, unless you then record something new, the last sequence will be there again when you go back to that seq#.