One week in

J.Palomino

So I've had this toy for close to a week. I did a lot of reading up before purchasing and was really expecting it to be a lot tougher to learn. So far everything seems pretty straight forward. I skimmed through the physical manual and got to work. Maybe I'm completely oblivious to the difficulty at the moment cause I'm not digging deep enough? I'm having way too much fun to care. 

I've been loading up banks with effects, plugging in my phone and messing around with some of my favorite songs. However, after a while it'll just shut off. I thought this was the batteries being low so I changed them and all was good for a solid 10 minutes before shutting off again. No biggie really, I haven't done so yet but I figure I can just use the power cord since doing this might be too much for batteries alone to handle. Anyone else notice this? 

4 hours ago, J.Palomino said:

So I've had this toy for close to a week. I did a lot of reading up before purchasing and was really expecting it to be a lot tougher to learn. So far everything seems pretty straight forward. I skimmed through the physical manual and got to work. Maybe I'm completely oblivious to the difficulty at the moment cause I'm not digging deep enough? I'm having way too much fun to care. 

I've been loading up banks with effects, plugging in my phone and messing around with some of my favorite songs. However, after a while it'll just shut off. I thought this was the batteries being low so I changed them and all was good for a solid 10 minutes before shutting off again. No biggie really, I haven't done so yet but I figure I can just use the power cord since doing this might be too much for batteries alone to handle. Anyone else notice this? 

directly from the manual:

Auto Power Off
TRACKFORMER turns off automatically to avoid
wasting power if no operation is performed for a preset
amount of time. Auto Power Off trigger times are
shown below.

Battery-powered operation
Approximately 6 minutes

AC adaptor-powered operation
Approximately 4 hours

NOTE
You can disable Auto Power Off if you want. For
more information, refer to the separate User’s Guide
(Tutorial).

3 hours ago, raffivegas said:

directly from the manual:

Auto Power Off
TRACKFORMER turns off automatically to avoid
wasting power if no operation is performed for a preset
amount of time. Auto Power Off trigger times are
shown below.

Battery-powered operation
Approximately 6 minutes

AC adaptor-powered operation
Approximately 4 hours

NOTE
You can disable Auto Power Off if you want. For
more information, refer to the separate User’s Guide
(Tutorial).

This is if nothing has been touched, it'll shut off. My problem is it shutting off while I'm pressing buttons

On 11/28/2016 at 0:26 PM, raffivegas said:

hmm, that would concern me.  It doesn't seem like something that should happen.  I won't be able to sacrifice 6AA batteries to verify if mine does it.

I appreciate the help anyway. I called Casio and the rep I spoke with told me to take out the batteries and use it on the adapter alone to see if it still shuts off and it didn't so I assume it was just too much going on to be running on batteries alone. However, the rep also didn't sound like she knew what she was doing, kept putting me on hold for 10 minutes at a time to give me short, vague answers and wasn't very willing to hear me out in detail. I might just send this thing back to Musician's Friend and get one at Guitar Center, that way I can just go to the store locally instead of having to send it back and forth if something else goes wrong.