Video Files on Forum ×

Concerns about CTK-7000/WK-7500, and few other questions...

Hello,

I'm so glad there's such an active and helpful community. Things written here halped me greatly to shape my decision. Thank you all.

I'm planning to get an AT-3 or AT-5 keyboard as my first arranger workstation. As far as I know, they're basically CTK-7000/WK-7500 keyboards modified for oriental styles.

I have a few questions I couldn't find answers:

1. I read that the older CTK-7000/WK-7500 keyboards have annoying keybed noise that is fixed in the newer CTK-7200/WK-7600 keyboards.
    I know all non-piano keyboards have that noise.

But I'd like to know if people are exaggerating, or CTK-7000/WK-7500 is actually much worse than the newer editions in that regard.
    Is that noise so loud that would ruin live sessions where you sing through a dynamic microphone while playing the keyboard?

2. Using Data Manager, can you convert new audio samples into Casio tones, or you're limited to modify the existing tones only?

3. Can you store e.g. hundreds of Casio tones and rhythms in the SD card, and import them to main memory, without needing a computer?

Can you do the same to edit a Casio formatted song from the SD card in the song sequencer?

4. Can you apply effects like reverb, chorous, etc. to microphone and instrument inputs.

5. I've seen model codes with K2 suffix on some web shops, like AT-3K2 or CTK-7000K2. How does K2 models differ from the non-K2 ones?

I hope that's not too much. Thank you very much again, and have a great day.

Dave

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have both the WK-7500, and the WK-7600. The keyboard on the 7500 is very noisy, has a very light, plasticy feel, it feels very cheap (which, of course, it is). Casio has made very noticeable improvements on the 7600's keyboard, it much quieter, has more resistance, feels much more playable than the 7500. Slightly more refined. I hope it lasts. 

• Thanks 1