casio wk7600 ctk 6250 sound source

zdubair

Hello

I am trying to find  out if WK7600 and CTK6250 use the same sound synthesis

and if the sound output is  of  equal quality in  both keyboards.

I have asked around and the anwers  are confusing - some say both keyboards

have the same AHL synthesises  but some say  the WK7600 har  superior

sound quality  using  a more complex synthesises...

So i am hoping someone here  could clarify this subject...

Greetings Zdubair

Here is a specification sheet that details the differences between CTK6250 and the WK7600 keyboards.    There are significant differences between those keyboards.   You will need to decide which features are important for you.

The CTK6250 and the WK7600 are newer versions of the CTK6000/ WK7500 with just a few added features on each.   

Josh

CTK900

WK7500

Casio KeyboardsS.pdf

14 hours ago, zdubair said:

Hello

I am trying to find  out if WK7600 and CTK6250 use the same sound synthesis

and if the sound output is  of  equal quality in  both keyboards.

I have asked around and the anwers  are confusing - some say both keyboards

have the same AHL synthesises  but some say  the WK7600 har  superior

sound quality  using  a more complex synthesises...

So i am hoping someone here  could clarify this subject...

Greetings Zdubair

The WK-7600 uses tri-element AHL while the CTK-6250 uses dual element AHL. In terms of what this technical difference means for a user is higher polyphony (notes plated at once -- 64 on the WK vs 48 on the CTK) - and also the drawbar organ sim on the WK.  If you plan on doing a lot of multitrack sequencing, having a higher polyphony count is very important. Likewise, if you use a lot of rock organ in your music, the WK is a better choice. Having 76 keys on the WK is nice, but if you only want/need 61 but want the better engine, note the CTK-7200 is identical to the WK-7600 except for the number of keys.

Lastly, you were asking about the "synthesis"  and sound quality, I may be wrong on this but I believe they are the same on the 6250 and 7600 -- again the real difference comes down to polyphony and the organ sim. This is just a gut feeling as I have played both models and the sound quality sounds the same on both.   

11 hours ago, Scott Hamlin said:

The WK-7600 uses tri-element AHL while the CTK-6250 uses dual element AHL. In terms of what this technical difference means for a user is higher polyphony (notes plated at once -- 64 on the WK vs 48 on the CTK) - and also the drawbar organ sim on the WK.  If you plan on doing a lot of multitrack sequencing, having a higher polyphony count is very important. Likewise, if you use a lot of rock organ in your music, the WK is a better choice. Having 76 keys on the WK is nice, but if you only want/need 61 but want the better engine, note the CTK-7200 is identical to the WK-7600 except for the number of keys.

Lastly, you were asking about the "synthesis"  and sound quality, I may be wrong on this but I believe they are the same on the 6250 and 7600 -- again the real difference comes down to polyphony and the organ sim. This is just a gut feeling as I have played both models and the sound quality sounds the same on both.   

Scott,

My understanding of AHL elements is that the Tri-Element is composed of 3 individual samples to produce a higher tone resolution versus the Dual Element which would have 2 samples.   I may be misunderstanding this altogether however.   It would be nice to know exactly what that specification means.

Josh

WK7500

CTK900

On 12/8/2016 at 3:58 PM, Vorbis said:

Scott,

My understanding of AHL elements is that the Tri-Element is composed of 3 individual samples to produce a higher tone resolution versus the Dual Element which would have 2 samples.   

This may be true - but it also may only apply to the piano samples.  I like Brad's suggestion: Listen to the demos and let your ear decide. :-)