I dont know wich one to buy.

casio px 560M or Roland FP 50

i really want the Casio but Somebody said that they make "toys"And Roland has a professional sound.I think Casio has An amazing sound.Someone said that the Casio has a bizarre feeling playing on it and the Roland mechanism is much more better.I really want the Casio but every musicians near me say that doesnt matter which type i want i should buy the Roland.

Sorry for my English.

Be careful whose advice you take. You should try each out and decide yourself if possible. Or buy from a reputable online dealer who allows for easy returns. Casio is well known for their entry level keyboards but not many people know about their high end models. The Privia PX-560 and MZ-X500 Music Arranger are high end Casio models.  The action in the Privia line is highly praised over and over again by countless owners who have owned all of those other brands. I personally love it more than many real piano's.  

• Like 1

BradMZ is absolutely right.  Try it and decide for yourself.. The bias against Casio is still very strong.  I know of a keyboardist who blanked out the "Casio" name at the back of the keyboard whenever he has to play it on stage.  I have owned many Casios over the years and I love them all.   The quality/price is unbeatable.  There are those who pay more for the snob appeal.  And there are those still unenlghtened who still thinks Casios are toys. I think the guy who blanked out the Casio name  is trying to cater to the unelightened group.

I just read another thread over at KC Keyboard forum where someone was deciding between these two and the Yamaha - 255.  He ordered all three, and returned the Yamaha and Casio, he liked the feel and sound of the Roland better.

It also depends on a few other things if these are important to you: the Casio is 10 pounds lighter, has a killer touchscreen that gives it good sequencing, sound manipulation, etc. capability, slightly less money, has over twice as many sounds and twice the polyphony, not sure the Roland has an expression pedal input,

The Roland has a super simple user interface that will appeal to many, and the wattage on the speakers are almost twice, which hopefully translates to significantly louder speakers (this would be very important to me). 

On 12/20/2016 at 2:00 AM, Benedek said:

I dont know wich one to buy.

casio px 560M or Roland FP 50

i really want the Casio but Somebody said that they make "toys"And Roland has a professional sound.I think Casio has An amazing sound.Someone said that the Casio has a bizarre feeling playing on it and the Roland mechanism is much more better.I really want the Casio but every musicians near me say that doesnt matter which type i want i should buy the Roland.

Sorry for my English.

Let me tell you, I own Roland JP-80 (Roland flagship), the Piano in PX-560 is much much better than JP-80, since I bought PX-560 I stopped playing on JP-80.

I like the piano and strings much better in PX-560 rather than JP-80 in my opinion.

• Like 1

I agree with what has been said too. I have owned a PX5S for some time, and was so impressed with it, that I bought the PX560 recently as I like the touch screen and the built in speakers to use as a freestanding instrument.

I also own a Roland JP80, and agree the the Privia piano is much better in my opinion. I also own a Korg Kronos, which to my taste has the best piano of all, but to me the Casio piano is the next best thing, when I don't have my Kronos with me.

I had historically held the feeling too  that Casio were products dominating the low end of the market mostly, but then discovered the Privias, and I have as much respect for these as the so called "other professional" gear. I am very happy to advertise that the Privias are in the same professional category as Roland, Korg, Yamaha!

To own a Digital Piano\Synth which has so much functionality, quality of sound and fantastic weighted action in such a lightweight instrument is where Casio in my view are ahead of the rest, and there seems to be no equivalent if you rate it by that combination of attributes.

• Like 2

really like the 560 ,  returned the Yamaha the night I got it .   ordered the 560 cant get away from it .    tone in the yahama p255 was off and only 4 or 5 different pianos ,  all sound , harsh and tinny wasn't very loud at all .  I've yet to turn the casio up even close to max ,  I know I was stuck on never getting casio because of the toy thing .  the pro line is really different .  makes it fun to play . sound is rich  and full .  don't know about the roland never owned one ,  they make good stuff that's for sure ,  just know you probably wont be disappointed with the 560 .  I like yahama stuff too ,  harps are the best ,  other keyboards are great ,  just the one I tried wasn't for me .  you should be really happy with what you get ,  it's a lot of money .   if you cant try them out .  like the one guy said get it online with return and try a couple .   cant get away from my 560 , 

• Like 1