Video Files on Forum ×

Chords

First, I'm 72 years old and not great with any kind of technology. I recently purchased a CTK-2090. I have been able to somewhat play the melody with the right hand. But I cannot manage to play the chords with the left. I see that there is a way to change the left part of the keyboard to play Casio Chords, ie. pressing one key in order to play three notes which represent the chord. I like the tone 021, EP piano. Then I hold down button 11 and advance to C Chords. However, when I play the chord it sounds tinny, and not at all like the tone I selected. What am I doing wrong? And also, the  normal chords are one thing, like C, but when I see Cm or C7, etc. I am totally confused. I know that all the information I need is contained in the User's Guide, but at my age it just isn't adding up for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

What a great video. And what great shoulder pads on the assistant. Those were the days. But I'm still having an issue with the sound. I know how to play the chords, but I'm still not hearing the right sounds from them. In the demo video, the melody and the chords are alike. But for my melody I choose a basic soft piano; however, the chords come out sounding like a ragtime piano, tinny sound. I just need to figure out how to get the two to sound alike. Thanks so much.