System exclusive on 560M : registration over midi

stuartr

hi there

I cant seem to find any details on the casio site detailing a list of sysex midi messages such that I can change my registations over midi. 

It would be really nice for live performance to allow the reg's to be assignable over midi.

Can anyone help here.

Stu

Unfortunately, a MIDI implementation document has not yet been released for the PX-560. Even if and when that happens it might not contain the information you need. For instance, the recently released MIDI spec for the MZ-X models (here) doesn't reveal how to change registrations over MIDI, assuming it is even possible. 

Ah, that clears up a few mysteries. :)

So, if we assume that the PX-560 works like the MZ-X models in this respect at least and that, in turn, the MZ-X models work like the PX-5S, and that despite being copied from the PX-5S MIDI document the relevant information in the MZ-X MIDI document applies and is accurate (aside from the difference in terminology) then the following may work:

Stage Setup Number Switching by Bank Select Message and Program Change Message

The bank select message and program change message can be used to switch the stage setup number. The change target can be switched by the bank select MSB. The change target is specified by the program change number. The bank select LSB is ignored.

Change Target: Stage Setup 

Bank Select MSB: 70H

When Stage Set.Chg NRPN is enabled by Instrument settings, number switching by bank select and program change is ignored. For details about stage setups, see the Instrument’s User’s Guide. 

I haven't time to test it out right now. We're counting on you, Stu. :) 

On 12/30/2016 at 10:18 PM, stuartr said:

hi there

I cant seem to find any details on the casio site detailing a list of sysex midi messages such that I can change my registations over midi. 

It would be really nice for live performance to allow the reg's to be assignable over midi.

Can anyone help here.

Stu

Hi there,

I was looking for doing the same thing and could not find any information in the user manual. I need to design my own set list using Lemur, has anyone done any thing simmlar, is there any ipad app is capable of building set list of registrations,

18 hours ago, PriviaMan said:

Hi there,

I was looking for doing the same thing and could not find any information in the user manual. I need to design my own set list using Lemur, has anyone done any thing simmlar, is there any ipad app is capable of building set list of registrations,

Perhaps this, _IF_ the above described bank select MSB method works with the PX-560:

PS. More about possible iPad apps here.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sorry to come late to this thread....

But and the big BUT is that you need the data information to input into these apps. They are not going to magically change things in the 560 for you. We need Casio to come good on this sort of information. as apparently evidenced form the aforementioned video it IS possible to change setups on the 560 from an external device, Casio just do nto seem to want to share it!