Resampling with Effects?

Sapper

I'm trying to resample the internal sounds of the XW-PD1 with effects but all it's recording is the dry signal. The only way I've been able to do this is by running a cable from headphone out to line in. This is really crude as I can't hear anything while recording and the levels are too low.

According to the manual, the sampling point is before the effects chain for external sounds, and Block A of the effects are used for sampling internal sounds. This is really unfortunate as it limits the usefulness of resampling. Anyone know of a way to resample with effects without using the above workaround?

I guess I could do that but I'm trying to avoid using a computer. I did get better results by routing the line out to mic in and maxing the input gain. Gives much better levels and I can still use headphones. Just have to be careful not to slide the mix fader towards external! Get some nasty feedback if you're not careful.

On 1/1/2017 at 5:22 PM, Sapper said:

I guess I could do that but I'm trying to avoid using a computer. I did get better results by routing the line out to mic in and maxing the input gain. Gives much better levels and I can still use headphones. Just have to be careful not to slide the mix fader towards external! Get some nasty feedback if you're not careful.

I feel your pain.  I recently tried to explore the midi functionality of the XW-PD1.  It was a let down.  I too wanted to re-sample effects internally without having to rely on a computer.  Seems like a missed opportunity.