Ivory key texture after years of use

DeltaJockey

Hi all,

I've not had my PX5S for all that long, but as I really love it.... I do plan to :-)

I was wondering if those of you who've now owned it for a number of years, could tell me if you've noticed whether the ivory and ebony texture on the keys have worn to shiny smooth spots where the fingers have made contact.

Not that it's really anything that bothers me, it just occurred to me that by the nature of the surface, it would show this type of wear eventually? I've not had a textured keyboard long enough to date, to have this happen, and my other keyboards have the standard shiny plastic surface, so not the same.

Anyway, just curious!

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response Scott!

that's good to know. I've always looked after my keybeds, and I do play with washed and clean hands...always. Just can't stand the feel of dusty or grimy keys under my fingers!

Obviously the plastic construction of the keys are of a high quality hard material, as anything less would probably not last. (Think about a well worn computer mouse as an example).

Chris