Video Files on Forum ×

PX-780 Key Noisey Upon Release

Stefan27

Hello Everyone,

I've had a PX-780 for about four months now, and recently started noticing a 'clattering' noise coming from the middle C key when it bumps back up after release; it sounds as if something in the mechanism below the key is a bit looser than it should be. The noise is not terribly loud, but loud enough to be clearly audible and disturbing (at least to me...)

I have a feeling it is probably not too difficult to find out what causes the noise and to fix it if I could get to the mechanism underneath the key, but it looks like this is quite complicated (I'm not even 100% sure if it is possible at all with this model), and I read in some threads here that attempting to open up your piano is not advisable if you're not completely sure what you're doing. Does anyone have experience with this?

I could also try to get it repaired, but I'm not sure if this would fall under any sort of warranty - perhaps it is considered normal? Also, given the fact that it's only a relatively minor issue, sending it back is probably more risky and troublesome than it's worth.

Reading threads on this forum about comparable issues, it seems like there is no easy solution, so I am already more or less assuming that this is something I'll just have to learn to live with, but I thought I'd give it a try here anyway... who knows someone might have a brilliant idea. :P

Thanks!

Stefan

Hi there and welcome to the forums. The first thing I would do is call your dealer and see what they recommend. Not sure how it works over in the NLs.. you may be able to arrange in-home service. Either way,  I would not advise trying to fix it yourself as you could void your warranty. But call your dealer and go from there. Good luck! 

• 1 year later...