NAMM 2017

sslyutov

Stoked to see if anything gets, I'm watching signs like my local music shop suddenly took

Casio SA 77 in stock a few months ago and those things are selling. So "maybe" something that direction maybe.

I'm careful now guessing though but aaa XW needs companion and still maturing me musically. 

On 4-1-2017 at 11:56 PM, sslyutov said:

SA - is a toy.

I am not sure whether this could be a subject for NAMM.

Since you are XW-Addict. Did you try XW-PD1?

What XW do you have P or G?

Eh after a few years one knows how it works look at the Korgies , yamahachi's , rolanders and Nord 

players we all guessing before these big events and it been good the couple of years actually the synth

and keyboard world exploded certainly after Korg did the Kronos and vintage synths where hot ... again.

I got the XW-G1 when it got released before I used the Korg microstation but since before that I've

not been using keyboards in lets say a decade and a half so the korg was a bit intimidating and with 

the Casio I gradually came up the ante. 

But keyboard players are playing everywhere now literally on the road and I've seen pictures of studio

where an casio SA was part of the gear. Its not only keyboard players but any one any age that wants 

to go at it and the trend lately of smaller form factors provides the need for that space.

I like the XW-G1 its good synth its light for its weight can't carry it around its to big. 

Oh no Casio music gear on CES 2017 this year at least haven't seen nor hear anything yet.

Things must be tight lipped even Formidoni is quiet. I was expecting some at 

Reddit but even there nothing and they mentioned it as also as if expecting something this year

from the booth but seen only android wear.  Aaaaaahw keeping ones hope up.

Very peculiar or just as it is I'm scrounging the web to find if anything got the drops. 

Meanwhile Akai showed their MPC's.

Yamaha made pretty strong move by releasing Montage. Probably it was strongest release for last year.

I have not seen adequate response from other manufacturers (such as Korg and Roland)

Nord Stage 2 EX seems like strongest competitor for Montage at the moment.

Kawai MP11 is great instrument but Kawai does not make instruments which are filling the same sector as Montage.

Casio is my favorite in terms of sound of grand piano (which is for me more than 50% requirement for a success).

PX5S -  Recently I saw it on TV. It seems like slowly it gets the recognition it deserves.
However PX5S is a different animal than XW and XW is more a synthesizer than any of Casio instruments (MZX could be an exception).

I hope that Casio will be able to come up with something that overcomes bar set by  Montage.

And again Korg and Roland still did not reply with big releases of new flagships. 

42 minutes ago, sslyutov said:

I hope that Casio will be able to come up with something that overcomes bar set by  Montage.

Me too! I think they have all the required pieces, technologically. They "just" need to put the right ones together in the right way to knock our socks off.

subjects for NAMM

There are a couple of new releases from Akai:
Akai Professional MPC X Standalone Sampler and Sequencer
Akai Professional MPC Live Standalone Sampler and Sequencer

Also new edition of ARP Odyssey
ARP Odyssey FS Rev3 - Black/Orange

Kawai 
Kawai ES110 88-key Digital Piano with Speakers

Zoom
Zoom G3n Multi-Effects Processor

and more ...

On 10-1-2017 at 11:17 PM, sslyutov said:

2 XWAddict - Since you have G edition, how usefull do you find a phrase sequencer?

Very I find it a great addition next to the arpeggio gives freedom of articulation and variation including the sample looper.

arpeggio triggers step sequencer and multi-key makes it useful to switch phrases.  

Got a feeling this going to be a pretty regular NAMM, I don't mind though the latest release for gear

had a good start. Currently I'm seeking a microphone and there are lots of them going to be hard to 

decide which one fits my purpose. So gonna pay attention to that for this NAMM. 

3 hours ago, tuxfriend said:

The Numa Compact 2 looks like a nice board, unfortunately not battery-powered:

http://www.studiologic-music.com/products/numa_compact2/

That is indeed compact at 7kg ,Its a bit exaggerated at compactness it looks good  :P great specifications 1GB samples memory that is allot for its purpose and size.

I can't take it anymore why is it taking so long I saw on Instagram and Twitter something about a 

keyboard which is dance capable.

Stage piano got a stage and they all part hybrid , Roland upped the ante on their RD's and Korg 

also has a stage piano with seven engine's I'm not surprised about this development seeing playing

church , gigs and so on the piano sounds gets first dibs and the instrument has to be good to carry around. \

What kind of livestream are we getting this year cause all half of all the streams gets facebook attention :-|.