NAMM 2017

sslyutov

From Casio: "Additionally, users can import song data (MIDI format) into Chordana Play, link to other electronic keyboards in Casio’s portfolio (including the Key Lighting and Standard keyboards) and connect to both Apple and Android tablets using a standard audio cable." The app will be available for Android as well - nice touch! Tablets only because smartphone screens are too small? Other than that, good idea, but still not for me. I hope Casio will have something in the pipeline for Musikmesse.

EDIT: Come to think of it - if you can't use headphone out with newer Apple devices, I wonder how that will work without headphone plug ... ;-)

1 hour ago, jibin.jacob3 said:

Have they installed some new sound engine? It doesn't sound like AHL.

Pretty sure sound source is still AHL (it is on the new CTK-2550, so I'm guessing the all are). It may sound better due to better effects. It's amazing what a splash of reverb and delay can do to make a sound 100% better. It's one of the big reasons  the Roland D-50 did so well  back in the 80s.. was the first synth with built in digital effects. 

• Like 1

Hi,

I must confess to feeling somewhat disappointed with Casio's product launch at Namm 2017.

Being British, I got the impression that Namm was a major launch pad for new Casio products,

especially considering Mike Martin (being American) is so involved in all that's good with Casio

keyboards.

The only piano based product appears to be a colour change to an existing digital piano.

I was hoping that a successor to the PX5-S would have been shown. It's four years since it's

launch (which is a long time technology-wise). The PX560 is a seriously nice keyboard, but

not worth replacing my PX5-S for (I've got all the styles I need in my PA4X).

Chris

1 minute ago, chelsea4023 said:

Hi,

I must confess to feeling somewhat disappointed with Casio's product launch at Namm 2017.

Being British, I got the impression that Namm was a major launch pad for new Casio products,

especially considering Mike Martin (being American) is so involved in all that's good with Casio

keyboards.

The only piano based product appears to be a colour change to an existing digital piano.

I was hoping that a successor to the PX5-S would have been shown. It's four years since it's

launch (which is a long time technology-wise). The PX560 is a seriously nice keyboard, but

not worth replacing my PX5-S for (I've got all the styles I need in my PA4X).

Chris

Wasn't expecting much but secretly hoping so like everyone,In return the LK got upgraded which actually is a good thing.

Namm still going but everyone holding back maybe its planned like that could be a good thing to my current gear still suffice.

Performance wise i'm good to go, It seems stage piano's are getting in the spotlight Roland going strong, Korg got a curious 

stage piano which said to have seven sound engine like the Oasys did hmmmm. 

I'm thinking Casio probably planned ahead upgrading the product line I'm not betting anything to soon my list of wants to is

something  as an advance step sequencer that powerful enough to do lots of parameter , note , movements and what not.

Looking forward to next winter namm already. 

Re "Rich introduces the LK-265". I imagine this must feel somewhat like a step down for Rich. He went from demonstrating the Kronos and the Odyssey and then to the PX-560 when he left Korg to demonstrating portable keyboards with light-up keys. Nothing against portable keyboards with light-up keys but they are a world away from pro-level products like the ones I just mentioned. I had hoped this would be the venue for Casio to introduce another pro keyboard that Rich could sink his teeth into but it was not to be.  

42 minutes ago, AlenK said:

Re "Rich introduces the LK-265". I imagine this must feel somewhat like a step down for Rich. He went from demonstrating the Kronos and the Odyssey and then to the PX-560 when he left Korg to demonstrating portable keyboards with light-up keys. Nothing against portable keyboards with light-up keys but they are a world away from pro-level products like the ones I just mentioned. I had hoped this would be the venue for Casio to introduce another pro keyboard that Rich could sink his teeth into but it was not to be.  

I disagree on that comment, Lately I've been researching what makes a demonstrator exceptional

because its a craft to show the public what the product is capable of and to whom it may interest. 

Rich is demonstrator/sale talk person  in his own way he can tell in a concise way the hows and why

of the product and even live up to small details what artist / consumers usually appeal more to. 

Look around the way artist and amateurs like us love our keyboard pulling out everything from it 

in the end its music and playing that music but someone has to sell on you why its incredible and if 

that person does it for a 10.000 costing instrument or a 10 bucks its that tiny bit of know how that 

makes the sale and people like Rich and Mike in their craft have this signature thing that recognizable.

I even bought a keyboard with a tube hose whatever you call it you blow in it and can play the 

keyboard its awesome no battery just air. But the person selling he knew how to sell it there

a big crowd out there and they all listen to a good enticing sales pitch be it 4000 instrument or a toy piano. 

^_^ Btw I saw him in a video asking J.R what it is that make him have so many followers i'll bet he 

know now in the world of keyboards they are famous but know where you stand out from where that fame

came from.   

I think you are disagreeing with something I didn't say. I did not say Rich was not a good demonstrator of products. He is. I suggested he might feel a little disappointed demonstrating products like the LK-265. He would probably prefer to demonstrate pro products but that's not what Casio introduced this winter NAMM. 

7 hours ago, AlenK said:

I think you are disagreeing with something I didn't say. I did not say Rich was not a good demonstrator of products. He is. I suggested he might feel a little disappointed demonstrating products like the LK-265. He would probably prefer to demonstrate pro products but that's not what Casio introduced this winter NAMM. 

Yes that is what I'm saying.^_^

12 hours ago, sslyutov said:

What new Casio has presented at this NAMM?

LK keyboard got some attention (*shrugs shoulders) 

The CTK's have not been presented as of yet for all I know. 

Nord keyboard had its presence always a good showcase for performances. 

Behringer seems to say good bye to NAMM.  *Which was better to tell after NAMM 

now that got more attention then Deepmind. 

Rolands RD stage piano has gotten a liking they've sensed the market. 

Yamaha has new portables and finally giving their sound market a chance. 

Korg Grand Stage still seems to be in the build process from 

what I could sense it wasn't planned to be revealed yet and the 

Kronos LS which at first was for the Asian market but decided to 

be released to all markets very curious. But still cool to show what

comes ahead. 

You know NAMM is a merchant display kinda thing and as a consumer

its pretty nice to see what coming ahead watching from the sideline. 

Something about all of it felt differently like *meh*.  

This show had no appeal then from a few like the newbie's showing

their synths  and other things like stage FX, Microphones etc. 

11 hours ago, XW-Addict said:

LK keyboard got some attention (*shrugs shoulders) 

The CTK's have not been presented as of yet for all I know. 

Nord keyboard had its presence always a good showcase for performances. 

Behringer seems to say good bye to NAMM.  *Which was better to tell after NAMM 

now that got more attention then Deepmind. 

Rolands RD stage piano has gotten a liking they've sensed the market. 

Yamaha has new portables and finally giving their sound market a chance. 

Korg Grand Stage still seems to be in the build process from 

what I could sense it wasn't planned to be revealed yet and the 

Kronos LS which at first was for the Asian market but decided to 

be released to all markets very curious. But still cool to show what

comes ahead. 

You know NAMM is a merchant display kinda thing and as a consumer

its pretty nice to see what coming ahead watching from the sideline. 

Something about all of it felt differently like *meh*.  

This show had no appeal then from a few like the newbie's showing

their synths  and other things like stage FX, Microphones etc. 

NAMM 2017: Behringer DeepMind 12 and Microsoft HoloLens ...

44 minutes ago, sslyutov said:

Yas (-_-;)  Synth le avant garde du touch.

Mean while the next in the line to become a key legend.  

Plays the 560 and it was something I knew right away when I played the px360 and 160  touch is great on these new keyboard. 

If Cory Henry comments on its even better to know Casio latest keyboard keybed feels play really good on the touch.  

3 hours ago, XW-Addict said:

Anyone notice how the keyboards overal looks matches one to another.

If the P1 had the white hue from the back it would fit the PX5S, where

the MZ-X 500 matches the PX560 completely its like a complementary set.

Mike's side and Rich's side ;)