Video Files on Forum ×

Will Casio launch a Keytar in the near future? Or some portable professional Keyboard?

Just wanted to know if Casio will launch the Keytar again.  Actually, I was looking for a keyboard which had professional sounds and which would be really light weight (like below 5kg) .

There is no need of built in speakers , recorder, SD Card if these lead to extra weight, but built in speakers will be great.

Wireless speaker connectivity.

Battery operated 

Good quality sounds and  Rythms with knobs and sliders for instant playing. 

49 keys are enough but not less than 32 keys

Should be able to walk around and play.

• 2 weeks later...

Jibin: Hi , I'm Spike99 from northern Wisconsin. Here's my solution....

I have a XW-P1g that I added guitar strap buttons to. I backed up the inside of the plastic with small pieces of hardwood .( I used ash wood from a drumstick that I cut to a small cubed size with a hack saw.)  I opened the Keyboard and glued them in place  where the screws would be put with 5min. epoxy. I then drilled pilot holes before screwing in the buttons, one on each side of the keyboard. I set them  back about 2" back from the tapered front (that faces you as you play) .I used gold colored strap buttons because I have the 'Gold synth. It takes 6D cells that are admittedly kind of bulky/ heavy. I then bought a good wireless instrument system to plug into the quarter inch left/mono output.,

( I like 'Sennheiser) ... I had to make a strap out of 2 guitar straps because they didn't have one at any music store I went to that was long enough. This synth has great presence/ flexibility / &  frees you up to walk or move around. (great for open mic's/ jam's etc.) It looks much heavier than it actually is. (about 13lb)

It's like a keytar but much more powerful. &  wide in its range of sound / deep editing. I use it for 'Bass, Piano, Organ, 'killer Saxophone, & odd ball sounds like vibes/ harmonium,

banjo, & guitar..When I jam, if I like the song we just played I add 'crowd applause from the 'PCM varoius button (key=E5) It always gets a big laugh from the jammer's/ crowd!

This was a great alternative for me to use rather than a separate  tone source / keytar  / Midi cable that always includes some delay,....  Best Wishes,  Spike' 1/19/17