Video Files on Forum ×

PX-160 no sound right out of the box

RBrowning

Hi, Our brand new px-160 is plugged in properly. The power button turns on its little LED, but the piano does not go through the little initialization process as the manual indicates, nor do any keys or functions work, and the power button will not turn the piano off. I tried turning on and off the "MIDI local control" as noted in the user manual, but no reaction from the piano. I found out how to do a factory reset for the keyboard (uplug and then plug back in, so power is off, held down function and elec. piano 1 buttons, and then turning on power, and that seemed to work, as the lights blinked for a few seconds, and then it played a few notes, there was a loud scratching noise out of the speakers then it went right back where we started). Now, the factory reset does not work either, no reaction from the lights. Any ideas? This is very frustrating as it is the family's Epiphany present.

Thanks for the response. I bought it on-line and have been in touch with the dealer, Thomann. The person with whom I spoke was not a technician, but he said it might be the power source (cord & adapter), or another more serious problem.  They're going to get back to me after he checks with the technicians. 

• 4 weeks later...

Your digital piano can't loaded. Unfortunately at the home, you can not do anything. Your digital piano has a program (as windows on the computer) so it's was broke down. Unfortunately lately Casio such problems often occur. On its own can not do anything. Send your dig.piano to guarante and write a complaint to the shipping costs.

with best wishes